You looked at her, showing a confused expression. "What.. question?" you uttered silently, after noticing the playful smirk appeared on your grandmother's face.

"We asked about your day sweetheart, and you haven't answered for, what? how long?" your grandmother asked.

"at exact 20 minutes," your mother completed, looking at her watch, tightly gripped onto her wrist. You widened your eyes, seeing the expression you had, your mother quickly let out a laugh. "I'm kidding honey, it was only 5 minutes. But still, you seem...odd".

As the last word left your mother's lips, you felt a strange gaze lay on you. It was your grandmother. You chuckled, showing both of them your cheeky smile.

"What are you talking about? I'm alright mom, and besides answering your question, my day went fine." you nervously tried to change the topic.

Somehow, and fortunate you were that your mother suddenly lets out her biggest smile. "Finally! tell me, dear, how was it? describe everything." tone high as she spoke those words, making you feel the excitement radiating off of her presence, you smiled.

Though you did, you couldn't help to feel a bit odd, realizing the same curious gaze was still lingering on you. It was from the same person, your grandmother. She was eating quietly, her face down making it look as if she was focused on the meal before her.

Yet you couldn't help but to notice, she would steal these odd glances at you. Those glances were not warm, not welcoming but it wasn't cold nor rude either. It looks as if the respected woman was anticipating?

Anticipating something from you, but what were you to have such a thing for a woman like her?

"Marvellous! I like this Lizzy girl, mom, do you perhaps know her?" your mother asks the respected woman calmly eating by her side, excitement still radiating off of her. "Lizzy? Lizzy Hutchins? Of course, I do, she lives near the woods." your grandmother spoke.

You widened your eyes as you felt the same feeling of curiosity you have always felt, build-up inside your heart. "Woods? Like a forest?" you said, pupils getting larger due to how curious you were about this town.

You have always admired mystery. Agatha Christie was your all-time favorite writer, whenever you read any of her books, your attention, your time, everything that you were bound to suddenly cuts off and turn your focus onto her books. Maybe that was the real reason as to why you were always curious like a little cat.

Or maybe it was just in your mother's genes.

"Yes, and no you are not allowed to go there. It's not safe." your mother muttered, assuming the thoughts inside your head. Rolling your eyes with a small smile, you replied back "That's not what I meant mom, I'm just curious".

She eyed you carefully and opens her mouth, tongue out as if she was about to say something when abruptly, your grandmother asks you, this time her voice was a pitch higher. "Darling, by any chance, have you met any boy in particular?" your mother moves her glance towards your grandmother.

At her sudden question, you were puzzled.

Your grandmother's gaze was glued to you now, it was almost as if she would know everything by just looking at your eyes. "uhm, I don't think so, no. They were all just regular boys." you answered, feeling nervous crippled up your skin as you met your grandmother's gaze.