45 - Which is her room?

Dil mein ho tum
Aankhon mein tum
Pehli nazar se hi yaara
Yeh ishq ki hain saazishein
Lo aa mile hum dobara

All eyes were on her including his as she sang in her melodious, sweet voice. It was the same evening where the sangeet ceremony was being celebrated. Rohit was standing with some of Omkar's cousins at the bar.

He glanced back at the counter and picked up his glass. When he looked back at her he noticed her staring back at him.

He took a sip of his vodka. She was seated on a chair at the centre in front of the room. She was playing the guitar in her hand. All eyes were on her but she yearned and appreciated the attention of only one person.

Tere bin ye saare mausam
Berang thhe bemaza thhe
Shaamil nahi thi tu jinme
Wo saare pal bewajah thhe

Woh zindagi hai hi nahi
Jo main tere bina jee gayi

Rohit and Diya maintained their eye contact as she sang.

Dil mein ho tum
Aankhon mein tum
Pehli nazar se hi yaara
O.. yeh ishq ki hain saazishein
Lo aa mile hum dobara

It reminded them of the time in college at a party when she had taken the guitar from him and played herself. He had been surprised and impressed then. But today he felt nothing of that sort.

The crowd applauded as she completed the song and stood up. She hugged Khushi and Omkar.

Further were a few performances by Khushi's cousins which were followed by Omkar's sibling and cousins. Post that it was an open stage.the DJ began popular dance numbers. Certain relatives of the couple took the stage enjoying themselves to the tunes.

Diya noticed Khushi and Omkar dancing happily. She smiled before making her way towards Rohit.

He was chatting with Omkar's cousins.

"Rohit."

He turned and looked at her. "Yes."

"Would you like to dance?"

"Yes."

"Join me..." She held out her hand.

"With you?" He scoffed. "I thought one of Khushi's hot cousins was asking for me."

Diya blinked. Her hand fell to her side and she looked down in embarrassment.

He is saying so on purpose.

She turned away in rage and called for the bartender. "Six vodka shots please."

The bartender poured the transparent liquid in six shot glasses before Diya. She picked up one glass and looked at Rohit.

Go ahead. He gestured before turning back to join the chat.

She drank all the six glasses at one stretch one after another. Post that she ordered for two more drinks. She downed them like an extremely thirsty person.

When Rohit turned back to look at her he noticed that she had disappeared. His eyes searched for her.

He found her dancing among the crowd with none other than that Devesh. He observed them for a few minutes and noticed that Devesh was being touchy with Diya. At first he tried his best to just ignore them. But he could not. Diya was drunk and not in her senses. She was oblivious to Devesh's intentions. Rohit was vexed and his hand formed into a fist.