44 - "Share a slice of cheesecake?"

Start from the beginning

"It's good that I love you." He gave a grumpy look.

"Come on." Khushi cupped Omkar's chin and pulled his face towards her to give him kiss on the cheek. "You know I love you too."

Omkar smiled and rested his arm on on the back of Khushi's chair.

"So Diya, what's your plan?" Khushi asked.

Their order had arrived by then. Khushi tore open a sugar packet and poured it in her coffee. She did the same for Omkar. "Thanks babe." He glanced at her as he stirred his coffee with his left hand.

"I don't have one." Diya pulled her cup slowly towards herself. "Frankly I did not even expect that he would agree to attend your wedding. But now that I know he is going to be there, I think I need to come up with something."

"Diya, are you sure that you want to win him back?"

"Yes Omkar, you know I love him."

"But Diya, you heard him that day... I meant at the farewell... and it has been so long since then."

"I agree with Omkar." Khushi added. "And top of that he even insulted you. He does not love you anymore."

Diya took a sip from her cup. "He does love me."

Omkar frowned. "How do you know?... When I went to invite him, he asked me if you were going to be present? I said yes and asked him if it was going to be a problem. He replied that he did not have any feelings for you anymore, so you being there or not did not matter to him."

"He lied." Diya replied. "I know him."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because five years back. I was the one who made the mistake."

This time Khushi and Omkar looked confusedly at each other. Apparently there was something more to the story that their friends had kept hidden. Something they had no idea about it.

***
Rohit handed his car keys to the valet as he stepped out of his car. He took his bag from the rear seat and shut the door. He pulled up the handle and dragged the bag behind him as he walked inside the farmhouse.

It was Omkar's farmhouse where the couple had decided to get married. While all relatives, colleagues and other guests were invited only for the main wedding ceremony, just their close relatives and friends were invited for the ceremonies three days prior to the wedding.

"Rohit. Welcome !" Omkar greeted as Rohit stepped inside the house.

Rohit took off his glares before giving his friend a big smile followed by a typical bro-hug.

"Glad to see you man... Now my best man is here."

"I had to be here. It is my good old friend's dooms day. How could I miss that enjoyment?"

Omkar laughed.

Rohit's attention was then diverted to the girl shouting.

"The flower garlands were supposed to be put up for decoration by now. What are you people doing?" Diya shouted. "I want these to be put up in half an hour." She ordered sternly.

"She has been really helpful." Omkar said.

Rohit glanced at Omkar as he continued. "Diya has been looking after all the arrangements since months. She has been discussing with us for our choices, with our parents for their budget and then has been making sure that all the bookings have been made in time. We didn't even need a wedding planner. Isn't it great?" Omkar asked with a broad smile.

Great? Yeah? But who's that guy she's so happily talking to?

Rohit noticed Diya was speaking to some guy. She was laughing at some joke the guy said. She then even slapped his chest playfully.