Finale: Eternal Blue

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

THIS IS IT... THE FINAL CHAPTER! I'VE COME SUCH A LONG WAY AND NOW, THROUGHOUT ALL MY YEARS OF FANFIC WRITING, I FINALLY, FINALLY COMPLETE A MULTICHAPTER FIC! EXPECT SOME MINDBLOWING TWISTS AND APPEARANCES, AND A FLUFFY, SATISFYING ENDING!

Content warnings: violence, blood, mind-screw hallucination scenes, a suggestive joke at one point, Xenoblade X spoiler near the end (a certain character's appearance), vaguely referenced Persona 5 spoilers, partial nudity, and vague hints of Heroker (with DQ11 Hero as that's his default appearance) if you squint. Potentially super long, too. Also brief dialogue coding to differentiate Galeem's dialogue from Dharkon's: in addition to being bolded, italicized and underlined for both, Galeem's dialogue has [square brackets] and Dharkon's dialogue has {curly braces}. Oh and... check the end of the previous chapter. I added a pretty BIG update, lmao. (and yeah, KOS-MOS just got shot down for FP5 according to leakers... season 2 maybe?)

But oh my God... thank you all so much for sticking by until the end! There will be a follow up fic later, taking place several months to a year afterward, but for now, let's see this long, heartfelt journey through to the end!

...actually, screw it. after chatting with reviewer Fosco21 on FFN, original plan to include an epilogue as opposed to it being a separate fic has, in fact, been reinstated! I'll still mark it as complete after this chapter though, just expect a random update out of nowhere despite the Complete mark I guess?

Before I get started, I'd like to thank the following people: princessviolet (my beta reader from chapter 15 onward), Krosshair (for helping me get un-stuck after chapter 19), snow x fairy (can't use the periods cause I think it'll nuke some text on FFN; left some reviews), Smash King24 (reviewed, faved and gave some tips), everyone who's reviewed/faved/followed on FFN, everyone who's Kudos-ed on AO3, and my readers on FFN, AO3 and Wattpad! This wouldn't have been possible without your support, and I urge you guys to check out the people I've namedropped, they're awesome!

Also, I'd like to thank several of the amazing authors in this section, but two in particular come to mind for me to name: Shana Hager ("One Loose Thread" serving as a big inspiration for Falcon's characterization and the conflict with Lucina in chapter 9, and "We're In The Endgame Now" providing some inspiration for the characters' POV when they're captured by Galeem or Dharkon, as seen here and in my companion fic Blue Bird Lamentation) and Crystal Rose of Pollux (you KNOW who they are if you've been following their amazing WoL saga and "The Devil's In The Details"). Just... EVERYTHING about their saga inspired a lot of the plot elements and interactions in the latter half of this fic. They are PHENOMENAL and deserve a shout out here as well!

And one last reminder - Super Smash Prose, a Smash Bros. fanfic Discord server, is open! The ID is gDK48ua. If that invite ID no longer works, PM me (if on FFN) or if you're reading from elsewhere like AO3 or Wattpad, search "Super Smash Prose" on the r/fanfiction subreddit.

Anyway, it's time. Let's do this.

Chapter namesake - Eternal Blue from the Azure Striker Gunvolt OST

Hiding in my Skin, Broken from Within

Finale - Eternal Blue

"Ugh..."

Lucina slowly opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that she was lying on some sort of stone platform suspended in midair, with a series of platforms above it interconnecting like a spiral staircase. It was then she took note of her surroundings.