FORTY SIX

come out and play by billie eilish

"What the fuck do you even wear to meet your ex-boyfriend's mother?" I snarl as I dig through Penny's closet the next afternoon.

Penny's sprawled on her bed, smiling smugly as she tucks the fifty dollars she earned from her bet with Owen into her purse.

No, Nick and I did not have sex last night. Things felt a little tense after the bomb of his mother coming here was dropped in my lap. I wasn't exactly feeling all that inviting, not even as I checked in on his hand one last time before he left for the night.

It was an excuse to touch him again.

He went back home with Alex, and I couldn't be more happy to climb into bed where he was the night before. I pulled the sheets right up under my nose, that way each time I breathed in, I breathed him in. I went to bed with ease, even with the stress of meeting his mom weighing on my shoulders.

It was the soundest I've slept in some time.

"Penny!" I whine, my back falling against the closet door in defeat. "Help me!"

"Jesus, Mary," she groans, pushing herself up off the bed. "There's no real guidelines for this scenario. I'm not too sure if I can—"

"But you have to help me!" I beg, pulling her over to the closet with me. "I won you fifty dollars!"

She chuckles. "Don't brag about not getting laid, Mar."

I look down sadly, knowing that the clock is ticking and it's only a matter of time before I have to settle on something.

"It's not like we're doing anything fancy," she sighs when she knows I'm ignoring her comment, flipping through some of her things. "You don't need to pull out the big guns. Maybe just a some jeans or a cute dress or— oh!" she squeaks. "Maybe one of those skimpy little things you said you used to wear around him in high school to get him to want to fuck you."

I sigh. While wearing one of those short little summer dresses sounds like a great idea, it's only thirty-four degrees. Anything skimpy is bound to give me frostbite.

"Thought about it already," I twist my lips to the side. "Too cold."

"So you do want him to fuck you?" she squints her pretty eyes at me, a sinister smirk on her rarely bare lips.

I focus my attention on her closet, shyly digging through the other side as I feel her eyes searing right through me. My skin begins to tremble at the thought of her words, at the thought of him.

Soft kisses littering over my thriving skin as clothes nearly fall off of our bodies until we're both fully unclothed with nothing but bedsheets separating our desperate, aching—

"Mary?"

I swallow hard, trying to focus solely on my outfit for dinner.

"I mean, I never said I didn't," I say truthfully, yet so very bashfully.

It's not like me to talk this way or think this way in front of Penny, especially about Nick. After all, she didn't know me when we were together. So many things about me were different.

She crosses her arms and leans up against the side of the wall, a knowing smile on her lips. "Well, I'll be damned."

"What?" I say, not looking at her.

"I never thought I'd hear you say it again— that you wanted to get fucked by somebody. Not just anybody, but Nick," she shakes her head.

I don't say anything. With rose colored cheeks, I continue to shuffle through hanging clothes in hopes that I'll find something quickly to get me out of her room.

All I Ever Knew Was Your Name [Nick Robinson]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें