Chapter 31: Hidden

In a swift motion, his staff just basically appeared in his hand. One covered with intricate designs and patterns, along with a crescent moon on the top, its tips looked sharp enough to stab a b*tch.

Immediately, he began with the spell, letting the moon shine off a light lavender hue. He pointed it below, aimed at a certain ordinary pair of boots, along with a hat and now rather dirty trench coat. Some kind of magic vapour blew itself upwards from the left behind clothing. It thinned out and made a trail leading out of the house, and over to where the creature that kidnapped Dream could be now.

"Did it work?" Came the annoying question by the monochrome skeleton beside him, completely unaware of the magic trail.

"Yes, Cross. It did work." He replied nonchalantly.

When using a tracking spell, only you can actually see the trail, no one else. The only way others could see it is if they had incanted the same spell. Only Dream could've done that spell alongside Nightmare, so it was up to him to do it.

Of course, that's only because he's in his passive form.

"So, is everyone ready?" Cross asked, accompanied with a bunch of shouts of replies in agreement.

It was the original group, back at Nightmare's and Dream's house. Their plan was to meet up at Error's house, which brings along the three guardians that were there, and all follow Nightmare to where the place is. Wherever this facility is, they can't just immediately storm in. The moment it comes into sight and is confirmed by Nightmare that that is where the trail is supposed to lead, they keep out of sight and get an attack in mind.

Nightmare didn't know why they couldn't storm in, that would have been way funner. And a quicker way to get to Dream, but no, because apparently Cross knows how dangerous this organization can get.

Whatever, he could do whatever he wanted, since they're not going to be targeting him due to not being a guardian. Well, they're still going to try to bring him down, but not as much as the guardians. Also, there's an irritating problem.

I'm still in this stupid form!

It usually takes a few hours, so why hasn't he changed back yet? Does it take longer the more times he changes? If so, there's no way he's ever going near water again. Having to deal with being a weakling like this is excruciating. Typical, he's not there for the times he's desperately needed, yet when he is, he's like this.

At least he was a bit helpful.

"No one's ever ready." Dust remarked, almost dramatically while staring out the window like an old adventurer going back into it.

"Oh, shut up, Dust."

"You shut up."

"I think it's safe to say we're all ready." Blue nervously replied, trying to stop any sign of inward fighting.

"Yes, let's continue, Cross." He nodded over to the guardian, who smiled shyly at him, almost as if they were strangers. He's been acting so weird lately, like everything Nightmare does puts him in some sort of flustered mood. But Nightmare couldn't really understand where it was coming from.

The group set out, going over to Error's house, which was fortunately in the direction of the trail.

Finally going there seems like an end of some sort series. And Nightmare had a strange feeling that he might finally have some answers for questions that had been boggling his mind for so long.

•———————————•

"I hate how I was dragged into this." Geno grumbled, trudging a long behind the group, they had been walking for about a an hour or so.