Chapter Eighteen

"Then why do you think it wasn't wolves?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow at me. "They're your favorite animal, don't you think that it's possible?"

"Because, the size of wolves like that doesn't exist." I spoke with a smile and a small laugh. "That's only in fairytales'." I chuckled once again, feeling myself starting to become nervous. Maybe it would have been for the best that Jacob didn't tell me about his shapehifting, or that's at least how I feel right now.

"Oh." He said, giving off a small nod of his head. You just need to shut up Maddy, before you say something that you can't take back or cover up. "Have you ever heard about vampires?" He asked me with his eyebrow raise and I couldn't help but give him a small smile.

"Yeah, I did a project on them." I told him and he closed his bag before looking back at me. "I got a hundred on it. I guess you can say I have interest in the supernatural."

"Do you believe in them?" He asked with his eyebrow raised, but before I could answer Jacob came in. I jumped up and basically ran to him, a large smile on my face. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close and tight. I could feel that his body was lightly shaking.

"Where's your mom? " Jacob asked me and I looked up at him, but he kept his eyes on the man. They were dead locked in the doctor, it was clear that the two knew each other, or knew something that I didn't know. I grabbed his hand and locked our fingers together, causing the shaking to stop.

"She took my grandmother to my cousins. I don't know when she'll be back." I told him and he pulled my bag out from behind him.

"I found your bag. It was on the counter, in the box." He told me, handing it to me and I took it in my hand.

"Thanks." I smiled as I looked down at the fabric before looking back up at him, his eyes had yet to leave the doctors, and the tension in the air only seemed to grow thicker with the sound of a car door closing. I knew that it couldn't be my mom back, there was no way she could have dropped my grandma off by now and been back, plus I knew that she would stay to talk for minute.

"That must be my son, he was looking for me." The doctor said then walked past us and out the front door.

"Let's go." Jacob said, pulling me towards the back door.

"What? Why?" I asked him, giving him a confused look, but that didn't stop him.

"I'll tell you later, but not right now." I nodded my head as we headed out the back door and towards his bike. "Emily is waiting for you, she heard about your cousin, she figured you would want some space, that your house would be crowded.

Climbing onto his bike, he looked over his shoulder at me, waiting. I let out a soft sigh before climbing on behind him, placing my bag between us before wrapping my arms around his waist. He must have been in a hurry, because this time neither of us had helmets, something I said I would never do, but I knew he was in no mood to argue. I closed my eyes and slightly tightened my grip around his waist, I knew I wouldn't hurt him, so I knew it was no big deal. The wing blew through my hair, but it sadly didn't take my troubles with it.

It didn't take time to get to Emily's, and it looked as it always did, warm and welcoming. Once the bike stopped, Jacob helped me off before we walked into the kitchen area. He gave me a small kiss on top of my head before he went into another room with Sam and the others, leaving just me and Emily. I kinda just wish that he had left me at home, I felt so tired and wanted to go to sleep.