14. The First Cut Is The Deepest

"Doctors who still perform circumcisions are violating the first rule of medical care: primum non nocere, first do no harm

"Doctors who still perform circumcisions are violating the first rule of medical care: primum non nocere, first do no harm."
– Dr. George Denniston, University of Washington School of Medicine.

     Throughout this book, I've been trying to inform you the reader about the horrors and atrocities that have been afflicted on humanity because of the unproven superstitions of others. There are a lot of people out there who are ignorant of the damage, the pain and long term trauma that religion has put on people's lives. People are hurt and even mutilated by other people's 'traditions' every single day, the biggest occurring to mostly male babies around the world for something that has little or not medical documentation to back it up.

     I'm talking about the genital mutilation known as male circumcision. Started as religious tradition that is still being pushed on young infants as a 'medical procedure' to lower the risk of sexually transmitted diseases, young boys are still being forced to live without the foreskin that is attached to their genitals. This is a brutal and completely unnecessary act to perform on any young child. Yet this brutal practice is supported and endorsed by major religious institutions. Here is a quote from Acts 15:1 of the ESV:

"But some men came down from Judea and were teaching the brothers, 'Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved'."

     This is one of many quotes that the bible has regarding circumcision, and because of this babies have had their privates mutilated for the satisfaction of an unproven higher being. This 'tradition' was in place for a very long time, long before the save guards of modern medicine which could have been used to prevent things like infections and other medical complications. There is no telling how many children died because of complications to this brutal ritual that could have been avoided. Such a senseless waste of human life all in the name of satisfying the law of a being we've never met. Even today in a nation that does have modern medicine, over a hundred children die each year from a medical procedure that isn't necessary. These are healthy children who are bleeding to death less than a month into their existence because their parents are too ignorant to defy their God, even if it kills their own child.

     Even if the child survives, studies published in civilized societies have shown that circumcisions decrease the sensitivity of the male genitalia as much as seventy percent. Most of a man's sensitivity is lost as a result of this barbaric procedure because the foreskin is the most richly innervated part of the penis. To remove the one part of the of a man's reproductive organ that has the most receptors doesn't seem surprising when you look at it from the perspective of organized religion. These are the same religions that do not want their followers to have pre-marital sex or sex of any kind for that matter unless it is done for the purpose of being fruitful and multiplying. So from that perspective, it makes sense that they would want to cut off the part of the penis that has the most nerves and would bring the most pleasure to a man during sexual intercourse. This is done out of the hope that less nerves would equal less sex of course unless that was to produce more symbolic sheep for their imaginary Sheppard. Because of this procedure, the male genitalia numbs after constant exposure to things that it can rub against, which causes a man's tool to lose its sensitivity thus removing a man's the pleasure out of sexual intercourse. This seems to be the motive of the very same organized religions that has a history of outlawing any sex for pleasure, to rob men of their ability to enjoy sex and therefore respect the laws of their scripture and not stray to follow their natural instincts. Unlike wisdom teeth, human males are meant to have their foreskin and it serves a purpose to ensuring long lasting pleasure, which according to the church is a sin so it's no surprise that they would prefer we all live without that little flap of skin. It's apparently very evil and leads to sin, so it's got to go.