Chapter 18: Who You Are!

Flashback! 
        Emerald was pacing. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't go back to the invisible fortress. She failed. How can she be Queen if she can't even protect her realm? Her heart raced as so many thoughts circled her mind. Zack was stuck in there with two phsycopaths and Willow is still standing tall. She needs to stop Willow and the Wicked Witch. She needs to save Zack. Now that he's with untrustworthy people, she's realizing how strong her feelings are for him. This is a man she once loathed, but now she's terrified that she'll never see him again. There really is a thin line between love and hate. Emerald groaned as she threw her magic into nothing. She kept doing that, to blow off some steam. She took a deeep breathe as she looked at the forest, which is now looking a lot worst then it once did. She looked down at her hands and smiled. Willow is powerful, but so is she. She can do this, if she believes in herself, the way her friends and Zack believes in her. 
      Willow walked up to her mom. "I know where Ruby and the others are hiding." Willow told her and the Wicked Witch smiled. "You do?" Wicked Witch asked. "Yes." Willow replied. Zack stood up, terrified of what they will do to his friends. "Where is it?' Wicked Witch asked. "Find the area is easy. Getting inside, not so much." Willow replied. "What are you talking about?" Wicked Witch asked. "It is protected by an invisible forcefeild." Willow replied and Wicked Witch sighed. "They are smart, I'll give them that." Wicked Witch commented. "Not as smart as us." Willow commented. "You're right, daughter." Wicked Witch agreed and Willow smirked. "What are you guys going to ndo to them?" Zack asked. He was full of worry for them. For all of them. There was a moment of silence. "The three of us, together. Are powerful. They are fools if they believe they can defeat us." Wicked Witch replied. "I have an idea." Willow told them. "I'm listening." Wicked Witch agreed. 

Real World! 
       Willow flew Ruby into a tree. Ruby groaned as she sat up and rubbed her head. "I'm not that easy to kill." Ruby told her as she too up. "Neither am I." Willow agreed. Willow ran toward her Ruby kicked her in the stomach, flinging her backwards. Willow threw magic at her, but Ruby ducked. Ruby grabbed an athame from her boot and went towards Willow. Willow just laughed as she shook her head. "Why are you laughing?" Emerald asked. "Because of you, with that athame." Willow replied and Ruby pushed her eyebrows together. "You don't think I can kill you?" Ruby asked. "Not can't, but won't." Willow replied. "You don't know what I can and will do." Ruby told her. "Emerald couldn't do it, so goody two shoes Ruby can't either." Willow told her. Ruby put the athame up against her throat as they locked eyes. 
      Alan walked into Lily's house and found her in the living room. "Where's Princess?" Alan asked. "In her room." Lily replied. "We need to talk." Alan told her. Lily sighed as she stood up. "No, Alan. We really don't." Lily told him. "What were you talking about earlier?" Alan asked and Lily shook her head. "Nothing." Lily replied. "I'm your best friend, Lil. You can tell me anything." Alan told her. There was a moment of silence. "I have darkness within me, Alan. I have tried to keep up this act as this light savior, but I can't keep it up. I just can't, Alan. I'm not a hero, and definitely not a hero this town and these people deserve. I'm just me. Princess Elizabeth Hearts. I can't be someone I'm not anymore." Lily explained. "I disagree. You're a good person, with a big heart. You are Sheriff Lily. Cares about this town and these people more then anything. The darkness is what makes you, you. But it's not a bad thing. It makes you strong and fierce. Sometimes distant and untrusting. But you're honest and loyal. One of the best people I have ever met." Alan explained and Lily smiled. "Thanks, Alan." Lily commented. "Anything for you, Lily." Alan agreed and they hugged. 

Flashback! 
       Emerald watched them. Wicked Witch flew away on her broomstick. It was toward the direction of the invisible fortress, but she knew that they couldn't be heading to them, because they're hidden. She knows Zack wouldn't tell them where the others are. She could just feel it, in her gut. She watched as the Flying Monkey's followed the Wicked Witch. Patrol? Maybe. She can't worry about that right now. They can handle themselves, but her realm can't. She can stop the Wicked Witch later. She can go in there and stop Willow right here and right now, with Zack by her side. She waited until the Wicked Witch and the Flying Monkeys were out of sight. She used her magic to levitate until she went high up and and threw a window. She saw her brothers and used her magic to unlock their cages. They ran up and hugged her. "It's okay now. You're safe. Lock yourselves in one of your rooms." Emerald told them. She waved her hand and they disappeared and reappeared at their Palace. 
          Zack walked up to his sister. "I won't let you and mom hurt my friends." Zack told her. "I thought youu guys had some ludacres deal." Willow commentewd. "Only until Emerald was safe, and now she is." Zack told her. "What are you going to do?" Willow asked. "Anything to save my friends. Anything to save.... Her." Zack replied and Willow chuckled. "Of course. It is all for Emerald Oz." Willow commented and Zack nodded. "Yes, I admit that." Zack agreed. "Why do you care about them so much? Why do you care about her?" Willow asked and Zack sighed. There was a moment of silence. "I don't know. I just do, more then I've ever cared about anyone. I'm in love with her, and I will die for her." Zack replied. "And that's your mistake." Wllow replied. They both glared at one another. Then Willow grabbed his throat. 

Real World! 
         Emerald opened her eyes and saw Zack looking at her, but he quickly looked away. "What?" Emerald asked and Zack shook his head. "Nothing." Zack replied. "No, Zack. What?" Emerald asked. Zack sighed and locked eyes with Emerald again. "You just looked so peaceful while you were asleep, which is not the state we are currently in." Zack replied and Emerald gave him a small smile as Zack returned it. There was a moment of silence and Zack looked away. Emerald kept starring at him. Emerald leaned back and closed her eyes as she was thinking. She can't stand Zack being in this position. Willow hates her and Ruby more then anyone, maybe she can convince Willow to let Zack go. He is her brother, and that has to count for something. It's a long shot, but worth a try. Emerald opened her eyes again and saw Ron was asleep. "Zack." Emerald commented. "Yeah?" Zack asked as they locked eyes again. There was a moment of silence. "In case anything happens.... I'm glad I realized the good guy you really are. You mean so much to me." Emerald told him. "And you mean so much to me." Zack agreed. 
        Alison walked up to Danielle and she sighed as they locked eyes. "Hey." Alison greeted. "Hi." Danielle greeted. "Could we talk?" Alison asked and Danielle shrugged. "Sure." Danielle rep[lied and Alison smiled. There was a moment of silence as Alison thought about what she wanted to say. "I miss you, and love you so much." Alison told her. "I miss you.... And love you too." Danielle agreed. "You were wrong, I know how I feel and I know that I want you. I need you, sweetie." Alison told her. Danielle felt rage bubbling up. "That's not what I said, Ali!" Danielle exclaimed. "Dani." Alison commented. "No, if you can't figure out the issue, or listen, then I can't help you. We're done, Ali.... For good." Danielle told her. Danielle turned her back on Alison and walked away. "Dani! Danielle!" Alison called. But Danielle ignored her as she kept walking and Alison stood there as she cried.