Chapter Forty-Nine: Ooh, Comfy

Start from the beginning

He snorted, shaking his head. "You're only half right."

I looked at him. "What do you mean?"

He grabbed the back of my head and turned it roughly to stare at the glass again.

"Do you know what I see?" He asked me.

I didn't ask him, because I already knew the answer.

Parker smirked. "Nothing."

"Hey guys!" Jordan's voice called out. "I found them!"

"Damn."

"We went to go eat and this is what happens?"

I felt a poke on my cheek.

"Hey, you alive?"

I heard a smack. "Really? That's what you ask?"

"What?" He whined.

I stirred and cracked my eyes open. "Hi."

Jordan smiled sadly. "Hi." I felt his hand slightly touch my eye, making me wince. "Sorry."

"It's alright."

Bennett kneeled down next to me. He lifted his hand to touch my eye, but stopped and set it down. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah-" I touched my eye "-just a bruise. I don't know about him though."

I turned my head at Parker who was asleep. Myth my ass, if that idiot doesn't wake up, I'm going to kill him. "Is he okay?" I slowly reached my arm and brushed some hair off his face.

Jordan abruptly lifted his head and turned it to its side, making me have a mini heartattack like he's trying to snap it. "There's a cut here, the blood's dry now. He could've gotten a concussion with the hit."

"I can't believe he fell asleep, what if he-"

"-doesn't wake up?" Jordan asked then snorted. "That's a myth."

I didn't even bother arguing.

Declan started to inspect Parker if anything was broken or hurt.

"His arm," I started.

"It's alright," Declan concluded, unlike Jordan he lifted his arm carefully, feeling his shoulder. "It's the shoulder that's dislocated, snapped from behind. I'm going to need to pop it back in." He looked at me cautiously. "I'll do that later though, not in front of you."

"Anything else broken?" Jordan asked Declan.

"No," Declan snapped. "I would've said something if found out that he broke anything else, and I didn't."

"Sheesh, no need to get all mad."

"No need to get mad?" Declan repeated. "While you were talking our ears off as we went to go grab a bite to eat, this-" he gestured to Parker and I "-happened."

I began to sit up. "Declan..."

"No, don't start, and don't get up either."

"Not want to break anything, like break Declan's mood- Ow! I think something broke."

"I'll break your face next."

Bennett sighed. "Jordan, help me with Parker. Declan, carry Naomi."

"I don't need him to carry me," I told him, beginning to get up.

Declan slightly pushed me back and I landed back on my butt.

"Oh no," he said in a deadpanned voice. "You can't get up, even if you tried."