Chapter 22- Heart's Moved

Start from the beginning

WEEK LATER...

Cordell

It's been rough on the girls I can say loosing Brienne the way they did. They did not expect it and thats what I think got to them the most. I think Despite all the bull sh*t that transpired they had a little place in their heart for that girl. To me it aint effect me but it did effect my relationship and my other ni**as relationships because their girls wasn't handling Brienne's death too great. As a result it caused a bit of edge to come off from them. You could only imagine how that looked. Nyla wont talk to skittles. Jamyis is shutting Jhared out and wont let him comfort her. Cadence is just confused and then Nishelle has been real quiet and not talkative as much. I try to cheer her up and she's good for a little but then would slip back to being quiet and in that thinking mode sh*t she do all the time. All I know is I'm trying to be there for her but she gon need to come out of it soon for the sake of my child. I know that much. Ima give her a lil more time but I don't need her slipping into depression. Me personally honestly speaking aint really care for Brienne from day one so you aint gon catch me sobbing and stuff over it. Life is filled with swift transitions. I learned that from being around my brother lately. All the crazy stuff he do. Iv'e seen a few  deaths and plenty of stuff you would never wanna see in ya lifetime. He be trying to shield me but I don't pay him no mind. 

On another note my son was going to be here in less than three months. I know he was gonna need things as well as wifey and I knew I had to get on the ball with working. I tried that regular job stuff and I know it was going to take me some time to establish getting were I really want to be to provide for Nishelle and lil man. I came up with a solution to see if I can work wit my bro for a lil while just until I get everything under wraps then I would go back and get something legal. I know I said I would never affiliate myself with it. But I guess as they say never say never because you never know when situations arise. I figured I only got a short amount of time so this to me makes the best sense. I just gotta try and keep this away from shell because I know for a fact the minute I utter anything related to what Dre do daily she will object and smack the hell out of me. Thats why this needs to stay on the low. I just hope my brother will see from my stand point.

Nishelle

It was Saturday morning I woke up and noticed Dell getting Dressed.

"Hey babe" 

"Hey..you slept good? I see you knocked early last night" he asked.

"Yeah I was beat"  I rubbed my growing belly. Baby boy was up kicking like crazy. "Where you going?"

"Oh out with skittles to hang with Dre."  What you gon do today?

"I guess hang with the ladies after I take lindsey out for breakfast"

"Oh iight have fun. Smile today babe. Everything's going to be okay" He said kissing me before leaving.

Truth was I know I haven't been too happy only because guilt was running after me in my thoughts. I couldn't help but feel I helped in causing Bri to want to kill herself. I know her fathers death and loosing her siblings ate at her heart. I just didn't know she wasn't that strong to handle it all. I had to pray to loose this feeling off of me because I knew my son would not benefit from me being depressed. Cordell has been trying his best and I know I give him a hard time but try walking in my shoes dealing with something like this and it would make you feel some way too. I know what Im going to do to lift this weight off. Its the only thing I can do which is to try and get Brienne's little brother and sister out of foster care. I didn't know how but I was determined. I got dressed and got Lindsey together to take her out for breakfast. We needed our sister bond time since we haven't had one in a while. Gma was out with her friends and mom I know had to be with Ms. Anne and Momma K somewhere.