Chapter 29-The Aftermath

Cordell

Sitting in the holding cell all night had me really thinking about stuff. I aint gone front this here has a brother shook. I aint no punk but this jail crap aint for everybody. I'm praying Dre and his lawyer could get me out of this quick. I can't afford to be locked up. I got too much to do and I gotta be there for Shell and my son. I feel bad that I put Nishelle through the pain of seeing me get arrested the day of our son being born. I just don't know where I went wrong. How the hell could they have just me pinned to this, especially if they were saying I was aiding to it!? No one said nothing to me yet and I for damn sure wasn't saying nothing to these cops. I got up asking the guard if I could get my phone call. I know i'm entitled to at least that. I decided quick who I was going to call being I only got one shot.

" Hey bro, Man don't trip I got this under control." Dre answered and said.

"What is it looking like?" I asked trying to be as straight point as possible.

"I'm working with my lawyer trust me when I say I will have you out today if not tomorrow . Just sit tight iight."

"Cool."

We hung up and they returned me back to my cell. Can't believe this man.

Nyla

FLASHBACK...

"why are you yelling at me like I did something!? I'm just trying to find out if he's okay or not!!!"

"Nyla!!! I need you to shut the f*ck up right now!!! I need to think!!!!"

"Mishon! you don't have to...."

SLAP*

END OF FLASHBACK..

Once that happened I got up and ran as far away as I could from him. I didn't care where I had ended up at that point. As long as it was away from him. I kept replaying that scene in my head over and over again. Standing in front of the bathroom mirror I looked at my face. How could he just hit me like that. I've never seen that side to him. He never even shown signs that he would do something like that! I looked down on the counter to see my phone ringing off the hook. It was nothing but Mishon. He got another thing coming if he thinks I'm going to answer his calls. I wasn't answering no one at the moment. I'm still too struck on the fact that my freaking boyfriend put his hands on me. My mother is going to flip the hell out along with my brothers if they see my face like this. Is this what my brother was talking about? Saying that he's not what I think he is? Ugh I don't know what to do. To say I'm shocked or hurt is an understatement. I just let the tears continue to fall as I looked at my bruised cheek in the mirror.

Nishelle

Getting Released from the hospital without Cordell being here really messed with me. The moment for our first car ride home as a family with Caiden was ruined. Everything was going so well and this happens. I swear it's always something. I pray that Dre can get him out. I need him here with us. I haven't heard anything since last night with Nyla. I haven't even heard from her after she called me at the precinct. I tried calling and she's not answering. I don't think I can take another crazy obstacle right now. I know I need to stay strong. Not just for Dell but for my son. He needs my full attention right now.

"Shelly we got everything right?." My mother asked helping me to leave out the hospital room with the nurse pushing me in the wheelchair.

"Yeah mom." I said subdued.

"Baby keep your spirits up. You are blessed. Look at this little boy in that baby seat. Cordell will get out. We have faith!."

"I know ma. Just wanted him to be walking out with us too."