Episode 25

*WORTH THE WAIT Episode 25*

           ❤️ *Phateemah Taheer* ❤️

*NADIA's POV*

Not because i am hausa/Fulani or anything, but i love our culture...Its rich and really does have core values. My favourite part of this rich culture is during weddings.

The display of cultural heritage is just so overwhelming it makes my stomach make so great noise in anticipation.

Its day three of my wedding and i have loved everything about the ceremonies.

I was carried away by all the festivities and the fun i was having being the centre of attention that i forget the main reason those festivities were happening, being conveyed to my own home.

We got to my well furnished house at about 7pm. The house is located few blocks from Ahmad's grand mother's house.

Members of my extended family made all the traditional rites of introducing me to my new family and left not long after that.

Ahmad's sisters and cousing were swimming around me like a swan, all wanting to see my face that was covered with my alkebba. Ahmad and his friends (the groom's men) soon entred the house and started making jokes about how Ahmad would soon turn fat from eating my food.

Finally it was time to say goodbye as Aryana and our friends, cousins, Ahmad's sister, cousins and friends all stood up to leave, leaving me and my husband, all alone.

*SALIIH's POV*

I wouldn't say i am envious of Ahmad, but i must say i feel bad that he is getting married before me. I have always wanted to settle down before i turn 28, now i'm 27 and still haven't found the right girl....

I have never really met a girl that i like so much...Here and there i have had two relationships with girls from Nigeria who went to the UK for school, it has always ended for one reason or the other but mostly for the fact that those girls always lost their home trainings at the airport before reaching the UK.

Growing up, my parents made sure i came back to Nigeria for high school. During that period, i stayed with my grand parents and had a round and sound western and islamic/ Quranic education.

I went back to London after high school to start college. After i graduated from Oxford, my search became more extensive, at one point i  became optimistic about finding love on social media, but that never turned out right, social media girls are mostly materialistic and oh so very fake.

"Hey man, we are here".....Ahmad said tapping me by the shoulder.

"oh yea, at your matrimonial home, who would have thought it'd be this soon, congrats once again man".....I said giving Ahmad a shoulder hug.

We entered Ahmad's house and i couldn't help but notice how beautifully it was furnished. Everything was placed in the right place. We walked into to the living room where we met the bride,covered in Alkebba and her bridal train, all seating around her and gisting, right there and then, i noticed this girl that made my heart stop beating, for the third time in three days in a row, only that today's freezing was more than the first two days...."Who is this girl?"....:I said. loudly without realizing it.

Next Episode coming soon.

For more Stories,news and updates.

Visit www.Phateemahtaheer.blogspot.com

Or follow @phateemah_taheer on wattpad and instagram.