DJ X OC: Memories

Death.

It's something that DJ had never paid to much attention before, unlike his big brother Dante, who's all about the end of the world and such, but today that's all he could think about.

"Xander... I'm sorry..." whispered the hazel-eyed canine to himself, covering his face with his paws as the salty tears flow freely down his muzzle like a waterfall.

His deceased lover is dressed in a shiny black tuxedo with his paws folded while holding a bouquet of his favorite flowers. He laid peacefully inside his white coffin in an eternal slumber, a small smile that he had been known for present in his feature.

DJ could only cry his heart out as his eyes took in the appearance of the lifeless border collie who would always comfort him and hold him and love him. Now he won't be able to feel any of that ever again as he's gone now. His brown eyes that the dalmatian loved so much permanently closed.

"Please... wake up... I-I n-need you..." choked out the spotted canine as his tears landed on his lover's cold face. He reached out and caresses his boyfriend's cheek with his thumb, feeling the sensation of his fur against his one last time.

He still remembered the day of the crash. Him and Xander are heading back home from the studio where they worked. DJ was listening to music with his red headphones on as usual. Just as they were on the middle of the road, a truck sped by and was heading towards the two and Xander pushed DJ out of the way. The rest is just a blur for the dalmatian.

All those nights he spent at the hospital, crying, wishing and hoping for Xander to make it are still clear in his head. He couldn't sleep, eat, even play music. All he wants to do is just to stay by his side until he woke up. But that never happened.

Hearing the doctor telling him that they couldn't save him absolutely destroyed the dalmatian. He just wept and wept for God knows how long. This of course worried his family a lot. They tried everything to comfort him, but he just turned them down.

He just wanted to be with his boyfriend.

"I'm s-sorry..." choked out DJ as he leaned forward and kissed Xander on the lips one last time, a goodbye present for his savior.

"Friends, families, we are all gathered here today to cherish the memories of a friend, family, and lover, Xander Collie. May he forever live in our hearts and minds." the mother of the victim, Diana Collie, started into the microphone, her black pools red and puffy from crying as she's accompanied by her husband and their young daughter.

DJ didn't pay attention to a single word the mother says, still too despondent as he's cradled in the arms of his eldest brother, Dylan, who keeps rubbing circles on his little brother's back in an attempt to comfort him. Even though he could never understand what emotions his musician brother's feeling right now, at least he could still be there to confort him.

After several minutes of talking about her son, as well as the occasional sobs, the female collie stepped down from the stage as she finally released all her tears as her husband and daughter embraced her in a family hug.

"Now, we would like for a very special someone of Xander to come up here and gave us a performance in honor of my son." Diana's husband, Mikey Collie, gestured to DJ, a small smile gracing his lips. The dalmatian complied and gathered his bearings together before making his way onto the stage.

Before the ceremony, DJ had asked to sing a song for his lover. This is a song that they had been working on for quite sometime, but sadly never got to finish due to his untimely passing. Now, the brown-eyed dalmatian had finished it and wants to perform it as a gift for his mate before they buried his body. It's the least he could do for him. Of course, Mr. and Mrs. Collie agreed to let the musician dalmatian perform his song.