Chapter 25: Test Of Strength

Oiram was sitting on top of one of the cliffs as he had his hand on his knee as he felt a cool breeze of the snow flow through his body. He also had his scythe laying beside him. He had a frown on his face as he was in deep thought as he tapped his finger against the ground. However, he saw a faint light appear behind him as he snickered.

"I know you're there." He said as the figure stood five feet away from him.

"With you, I'm not surprised." They said. "You made a big mistake not stopping Mario from taking that hit."

"That was the plan." He said as he picked up his scythe and laid it on his lap as he ran his finger through the blade of it. "Mario really likes to be selfless...even when he's selfish."

"That proves just how much he cares. Even when he and Luigi are on a time limit, he still wants to keep his little brother alive."

"Tsk. As if." He said as he rolled his eyes. "Mario only does this because he wants to be the one to die first. He and Luigi share a really big bond. It makes me...jealous a little bit."

"You're only jealous because you don't have someone beside you. You're just his demons in physical form. As for Luigi...he's special."

"'Special'?" Oiram snickered. "Don't make me laugh. Vessel or not, he still cares demons himself. Regret, pity, jealousy...even his own pride can be one of his demons. He took pride in that mansion, and it tortured him, scarred him. But...at least he didn't hurt the one person close to him...unlike a certain goddess.

The figure then took out a very sharp rapier as they pointed it over his shoulder by his neck. Oiram saw this warning, but he only laughed.

"Right. I forgot just how sensitive she is." He said. "With this topic, she just barks and doesn't bite...or is it she thinks her bark is worse than her bite?"

"...You know nothing about her...about me." They said. "You only hurt the person who made you. I hurt the people...I loved with all my life. You're only lying to yourself, saying that Mario will only give into the dark forever. But even if he does...Luigi will be there to save him."

"But you know he'll start it." He said. "Mario won't even have a time to make a choice. He either chooses the peaceful darkness...or the dangerous light."

"Are you sure it's not the other way around?"

"Please! You said so yourself, he's been ignoring your warnings. That just gets him into a deeper hole he can't dig himself out of." He said. "But you know...it wouldn't hurt to make this more interesting."

"What are you talking about?" Oiram stood up as he faced the figure, still holding his scythe.

"Consider this as...a favor." He said. "In just a few seconds, those five are going to find the dreampoint, and enter the Dreamworld to try and wake Mario up. You showed me what will happen next, so when she goes into the dreamworld...I want you to test her."

"And you're asking me this because...?" She asked as she crossed her arms.

"Even when he doesn't show it, he still loves her with all his heart." He said. "I want you to test her, and make sure she's actually strong enough to handle this war so he doesn't have to worry about her 24/7."

"So you care about him then?"

"As if." Oiram rolled his eyes. "Consider it keeping his sanity balanced. Al...It's just this one thing, then you can hurt me all you want."