Chapter 8

Previously...

"D-daughter" He said slowly stuttering

I just stood there, completely frozen. I couldn't say anything, or move anywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miranda's Pov

After all this time...Where has he been all this time? Is he my real father? I don't care, I don't want to know, if he wanted his daughters and son he shouldn't have left.

I finally got my body unfrozen. I turn around and with and emotionless face I respond

"I'm not your daughter, they aren't your twins, Jackson isn't your son." I signed

You could tell the words hurt him. He glanced at the twins then turned around and walked away. I finally got all the stuff packed and started putting it in Jason's car. 

As I walked back inside he is sitting there. I walk back upstairs to see if jason and april are ready, only to find jason playing on his phone and april cuddling up to him sleeping.

"Oh, hey miranda. What's up?" He asks

"Are you guys coming?" I replied

"Just take my car and pick us up later, I can't get her to wake up."

"Ok" was my only response

-----------------------------------

After packing everything up in the car I go to Jason's room telling him goodbye. After saying goodbye I loaded the kids in there seats and war in the passenger seat and was about to get in my seat when I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw noah coming out of the house. 

"Are you leaving so soon?" He asked sounding sad

"Yes, I have to get these guys home. Thanks for helping me." I signed

"No problem, see you at school."

I got into the driver seat and started heading home. On the way I could get Noah's sad face out of my mind. I couldn't help but wonder why he was sad we were leaving. It just didn't make any sense to me. 

I pulled into the drive way and jackson came out of the house with his normal scowl on his face. 

"Kids, go straight to your rooms." I said strictly

They nodded and ran inside. When they ran past him jackson turned around and grabbed mel. Adam must have noticed because he ran back for his sister only to get pushed down to the ground roughly. 

He said something to adam that I didn't catch because I was fuming mad. I walked up to jackson and punched him as hard as I could. He stumbled back and let go of mel trying to get his footing. Mel ran to her brother and they both ran upstairs together. I know for punching him i'm gonna get hell. I didn't care, as long as he didn't have either of the twins in his reach or possession. 

I went to turn around and get the stuff only to be forcefully grabbed and thrown. I hit the bookshelf, which hurt, and then landed on the ground. My vision turned blurry but I was fighting it. 

"So, you leave *kick* for the day *kick* and night. You come home and punch me *smack*, then try to walk *Punch* away from me *punch*." He said slowly

I didn't say anything, I just took the pain he was dealing out. After about one hour later he finally decided he had enough. He walked away and I got up only to fall back down again. I couldn't walk, he broke my ankle. I crawled to the table a little ways away. I used it to help me stand and I painfully walked upstairs. 

I got to the room and my phone dinged indicating I had a message.

From Noah: Hey, did you make it home safe?

To Noah: Yeah, safe and sound.

I felt bad for lying for some reason. I'm not safe and neither are the twins but I couldn't tell him the truth. I got another message but ignored it for now. 

"Sissy how bad did he hurt you?" Mel asked

"Not bad, I'm fine baby girl." I said quietly

She nodded her head and went to her bed. I walked over to my desk and started doing a list of things needing to get done. I got another message and ignored it again, then got a phone call. 

"Do you want me to get that?" Adam asked

I looked at him and handed him the phone. He answered it and I could kinda hear the conversation

N-Noah A-adam

A-"Hello?"

N-"Adam?"

A-"Yup, what's up?"

N-"Where is your sister, is she ok?"

A-"What are you her boyfriend? She is fine."

N-"No, i'm not her boyfriend, but I wanted to talk to her but she isn't responding to her messages."

I felt upset when he said we weren't together...What am I thinking? He doesn't like me, nobody could like a mute. I wish he liked me back. 

A-"She is busy."

N-"Alright fine, just tell her I called."

A-"Will do." 

Adam hung up and gave me my phone back and saw my expression.

"Do you like him?" Adam asked

I thought about lying to him but knew he would catch it.

"Yes." Was my simple response.

He looked like he wanted to add something but before he could Jackson interrupted him

"Hey bitch, make lunch." He said right outside my door, then walked downstairs

I looked at my ankle, and sighed knowing if I didn't he would get mad and hurt me more.

I got up from my office chair and walked downstairs slowly. I start making lunch when I hear one of the doors upstairs open and close, then another door opens and I don't hear it close. I start panicking and think he is with the twins. 

I rush upstairs ignoring the pain in my ankle. I go over to the twins room and the door is cracked. I open it all the way when I open it, it revealed Melanie on the desk drawing but what shocked me was I couldn't find Adam in the room. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry I know it's short but just wanted to update something on my 16th birthday. 

Vote, comment, share

Love, Tiger