Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion

Start from the beginning

      Peach and I have always envied them for having attractive boyfriends. Aaron and Luke are best friends as well. Both kinda share the same grades. And both have the same hobbies. And I just enjoy having fun to watch Mandy argue with Aaron sometimes. But their debates and disagreements. I've never seen them fight. At least not me.

     And the truth is that Peach comes from a very rich family that is first class. Snobbish if you can say. The Golightly's are kind to me. Their house is not exactly a house. It's like a castle. But it's a mansion built on at least 500 anchors. Their property is big and a protected gate in order to get in. I guess they fear robbers and burglars. So they have security cameras practically at every door. And because of how strict the Golightly's are they would never allow Peach to date. Especially her father. They don't want her to be distracted by anyone. Especially boys. They want her to graduate and go to college and have a good career.

        I looked over at Mandy who definitely thought it was ridiculous that Amber is flirting with Logan. It has been known that Peach has been crushing on Logan since freshman year. And we all know it. Victoria thinks that Logan could be single for a while. And get this... Logan is on the football team with Aaron and he doesn't even talk about his breakup with his ex. It's always the same thing. It's that he doesn't want to talk about it. And it's even funny because Luke hears about Logan's name and he tries changing the subject even though Victoria has abandoned Luke to talk with Logan. Luke explained that over the summer him and Logan had a falling out. And that's why I see how he doesn't exactly care.

I had just wanted to get through this day and just ignore the fact that Amber still runs this school that she keeps telling me, Peach, Mandy and Victoria all the time. And I couldn't even let the whole world know what was going on in my mind about Amber. I had moments where I wish a shark would eat her. But then again I don't believe in violence.

As soon as I was in my mind again... the bell rang and students rushed to leave as quickly. And I had just took my time because there was no rush. And that is exactly when I left. I had left Mr. Nepper's class and had immediately went finding my locker. And Amber was still flirting with Logan and I rolled my eyes at it. But there is no way he'll ever date her.

"So Emma, it's Friday! You know what that means? Having absolute fun! Just come over my house later and we can just gossip about anything we please." Mandy said, which kinda thrilled me but then I realized that dad wouldn't allow it.

"I don't think I can, Man." I said, opening my locker.

     Mandy's blue orbs were wide as she was surprised about the fact I'd say no. But she has no idea how hateful my dad has been lately ever since he has been dating Colleen. And I don't even know her. And dad doesn't say anything about her. Mandy and all my friends know my dad is dating because I told them and they think my dad is nothing but a screw up. And I just can't even imagine how ungrateful my dad is. And I gotta return home where my dad might just be more of a selfish asshole. So I'll just avoid him when he gets home from work.

      "Why?" She waited patiently for me to actually respond.

     I turned around, facing her. "My dad is a jerk. That's why. And lately things have been getting worse between us."

    She growled. "Okay fine. But at least call me later. We still gotta do the gossiping with all the tea. Like if Logan actually likes Peach back." She giggles which I laughed to as well.

       I took my pale blue bag sticking all my books inside. Everything I think I gotta study for. I have a Math test next week so this weekend I am just gonna study my ass off for. And I think of nothing but just to avoid dad and definitely go home. And I'm sure Peach is waiting for me. Victoria already left off with Luke probably going to his car where he drives her home or he stays at her home. And Mandy thinks that's where make up sex comes from with them. And Mandy drives a funny Jeep that is orange. And I'm sure Aaron might stop by at her house later. I get a ride home from Peach everyday after school. Dad usually drives me to school which is annoying because I'm normally so quiet about.