Who Could That Be

Start from the beginning

The line was still there...but no voice...Akira felt uncomfortable....her heart was beating fast...for some unknown reasons....She did not get good vibes from these blank calls.
But she reminded her mind to stop over thinking!

She cut the call and turned around to see Vikram and Kids crossing their arms around their chest and she chuckled.

And after that they all went to have their lunch and the promised Oreo shake.

When they reached back home, all of them were dead tired and quickly ate their dinner and retired for the night.

Next morning, everyone followed their routine.

It was about 2 pm when Vikram called Akira.

Hey! - V

Hi, you at this time, is there something you wanted to talk about? - A

Vikram sighed learning that how easily Akira could read him.

V - Um..I am required at Bombay for an urgent meeting.
I am sorry, I am asking you like this...but Could you manage for two-three days!
I mean if you're not comfortable, I would reschedule it!

A - When do you have to leave?

V - Tonight itself!

A - ........

V - Um... You know what....i will manage.. Don't worry, I will cancel it! It's not a good idea to leave you all here, alone!

A - Hey, don't!
I mean, Go ahead...i will manage!

V - Are you sure?

A - Yes, I am sure!

V - See you in the evening!

Evening, Vikram spoke to the kids about his trip....they pouted but agreed.

Vidit said - Don't worry Daddy, I am a Big Boy now, I will look after Mumma and Princess!

Akira and Vikram ruffled his hair and laughed at his cuteness.

Soon, it was time for Vikram to leave. He promised to call as many times as possible and left.

Next morning, Akira dropped both the kids at their school, she mentally thanked Vikram for choosing one school for both the kids.

The entire day passed in a hurry and a few texts from Vikram.

Three of them, sat on the dinning table.
Akira spoke - Vidit, see I made your favorite Aloo-Puri!

She offered Kiyara to feed like she usually did, but she refused and quietly finished her food on her own.

Akira read Bedtime story and kissed the kids good night.

Kiyara did not kissed back Akira but she shrugged it away thinking that may be she is tired. She herself was so tired of all the studio work.
So, she retired to her room.

It was around ten, when her mobile rang, she thought that it must be Vikram but to her surprise, it was again a blank call.

She was now stressed on these increasing Blank Calls but she decided not to pay much attention.

In the morning, Akira got up late but she quickly made breakfast for kids.

Vidit jumped seeing his favorite mini idlis but kiyara just kept staring at Akira.

Why don't you make my favorite breakfast mommy??
Is that because you are my Step Mother!?! - Kiyara asked crying

Are you an Evil Step Mother? - she added