kids: Our Blessings

Vikram did not know where he was driving with his speeding car at this point of night time. All he could remember was the betrayal and agony that he faced in the past. However much he tried, he could not bring himself to over come the Heart Break.
His phone was constantly ringing but he ignored it everytime.
About an hour later, he found his car near a secluded bridge. He signed and got out. The night time cityview from the bridge somehow brought him at peace. He finally looked at his mobile and saw 105 missed calls, from Smriti, Kartik, taayi maa and....is this for real...20 missed calls from Akira....!!! He was surprised at the fact that she tried to contact him. He took a deep breath and called Kartik instead.

Where are you Bro??? Do you even know.....how worried are we....we  thought......!!!!! Aaerrggh!!!!
Just tell me you are fine, right Bhai?
Asked a panicked Kartik from the other end.

Relax Kartik, I am fine. I Was just a little disturbed. Don't other think...I will be back in the morning....tell everyone not to worry. Replied Vikram in a calm tone.

He hung up and sat inside his car and drove towards the Palace.
The guards opened the gates hurriedly after seeing Vikram Rathore after many ages. Shock was written all over their faces as Vikram never came to this Palace, where his parents lived after their death.

Vikram got out and looked at the beautiful palace that was once his Home. He stopped his guards showing his hand and entered the Hall way. Everything was enacted like the way he remembered.
He looked upon his mother's portrait and tears dropped from his eyes. He sat on his knees and said-
Why you left me maa?
What wrong did I do?
Was I not a good child?

Leave about me, you did not think of your princess once, how she will survive without you. You know Smriti got engaged today. But I spoiled her day maa. It ruined it just because of my past.
She wants me to move on, how can I maa....how can I??

He cried looking at his mother and did not realise when sleep took over him and he slept on the floor itself.

The bright soothing sunrays disturbed his peaceful sleep and he opened his eyes and looked at his watch.
Holy Cow!! I slept throughout the night. God, Smriti.....and......my princess Kiyara......she must be worried sick about me.
How could I do this to them. I became selfish again for my past.
A sudden guilt crept up and he brushed himself up and walked out out of the Palace not before giving a last glance to his mother.
Determined not to think over the cruel past he took his car and drove to meet his princesses.

He parked his car inside the walls of Rajwada and got out.
He was walking towards the main entrance...
Suddenly he heard gigglings of some one.....and he stopped in his tracks not able to stop himself from admiring the scene infront of him. Kiyara and Vidit along with Smriti were holding a water pipe splashing water here and there and shouting top of their lungs.

Then his eyes moved towards the running figure....soaked in water....giggling at kids, Akira was running behind them in the garden.

She is so beautiful and carefree.....her every move is so captivating, fully drenched.....wait!!!! What am I even thinking!!!??!!!
Get a grip Vikram, she is a distraction.

His eyes moved around and he found  some of the garden staffmen oggling shamelessly at her wet body. His blood boiled and gave them a stern glare. They all bow down their heads in fear and left immediately.

He felt a weired urge to protect them.
He went near them and cleared his throat, stopping Akira right in the very place.
She breathed heavily causing her chest heaving up and down. Vikram averted his eyes and Akira realised her condition. She turned around embarassed under his gaze. She tried to cover her torso with her hands.

Both the kids went running to Vikram and caught his legs posessively, leaving him stunned. 
Daddy, where were you???? Did You plan to leave me, just like mommy? Said a crying Akira.

Vidit also asked crying- You know Mr. Champ, I was so worried where you went but nobody told me about you, not even Mumma!!!

Vikram felt their fear and he found a rush of guilt.
He closed his eyes and patted both the kids and sat down on his knees holding their hands and said.... sorry kids...I was just a little caught up. I am so sorry! I promise I will never do this again.

He glanced up to Akira, who was still turned on the other side.
He said in a very low voice looking at her back- I am sorry, again! I know I caused a lot of trouble for you all.

Akira's body stiffened at his words and she turned towards him and gave him a "it's not ok" look....!!!

Vikram moved and holds Smriti's hand but she angrily removed her hands and said- Let's get you inside kids, you need to change ....other wise you will catch cold, we don't want to get sick, do we??? Said Smriti avoiding eye contact from Vikram.

She is Hurt!! Vikram muttered.

The three of them left the place leaving Vikram and Akira alone.

There was an awkward silence, only their breath could be heard.

Vikram Shrugged and was about to leave when he stopped hearing her voice.

That was very unthoughtful of you Mr. Rathore.!

He turned around and saw Akira who now had covered herself with a shrug.

She continued- I know I don't have a say in your personal matters. But what you did yesterday was selfish.

How could you snatch her happiness on her special day Mr. Rathore?

You have no idea how badly she was hurt. She cried throughout the night.

I know, I screwed it up! Vikram said with his head hung low.
I am feeling guilty and I will make it up to her.

What about the kids? Don't they deserve love and attention Mr. Rathore? Asked Akira with a hint of anger in her tone.

He just looked at her bewildered...at her mention of both the kids "together".

Akira realised her words and closed her eyes.
Took a deep breath and said- I mean Smriti and Kiyara need you. You are all, they have got. You should be more careful with them. They both deserve all the happiness.

No matter what our past is.....we have to move on at some point of time....and look for future. Everyone has their own share of past and grievings that does not mean we ignore our present.
I am saying all this coz I have been through all of this.....anyways leave that... remember how much they love you and they don't deserve your ignorance.
Kids are a blessing and you are gifted with not one but two princesses. You better take good care of them and make it up for all the chaos you created last night.

Akira looked at Vikram,who seemed stunned at her out burst, for the last time and quickly went towards the main gate leaving a shocked and guilty Vikram.

She is right! I did worng. Wow!!! Just wow....now you are agreeing with her.... She is definitely something.
Oh just shut up you stupid brain!! Vikram Shrugged and thought to come up with a plan to cheer up his princesses.

So guys, I know you all are angry, I couldn't update any soon.

But I hope you all will enjoy this new chapter.

Keep voting and share my story.