Happy Birthday Princess

Vikram's pov

Oh NO!! I am so dead...and I am late....I quickly called my PA and wrapped up the work and went to the basement and reached my Black Merc. I hovered in and ignited the engine and accelerated...my PA Ramesh sat there like a scared chicken and I drove avoiding everything that came in my way...afterall I can not afford to handle my sad princess...she is my world and I promised..!

In no time I reached our Farmhouse honking...and there stood my little devil with her hands on her hips and a frawn on her cute face and behind her was my sister Smriti with a hard look on her face.

My PA and the other staffmen who followed us in another car came in with the cake and wished my angel A Happy Birthday in a sing along ... I was nervous! Yes, to the world I am ruthless, arrogant Boss but to these two princesses...I am a complete opposite...they are my life ...my everything...!!

I kneeled and bowed down in front of my 3 year old ... opened my arms...and said "I am Sorry" please forgive me!
I have never and I mean never said these words to anybody outside but these two get everything out from me.

My princess came running and gave me a mighty hug...
Ah! (With as much might as she can.)

Smriti just sighed...and I took my Kiyara in my arms and we led to the centre of the hall...calling all the kids in for the cake cutting ceremony and we all cut the cake together....and then the party began....with kids dancing and singing.

Everyone was happy...we played few games and then after almost an hour everybody left the house and the house again was engulfed in silence, ofcourse apart from the three of us...there were few staffs who were cleaning the hall and I cornered myself to be quite...!!!

I was zoned out like always.... everyone was happy...but I was thinking deep about my past experience...of HER..!!! How I was played....I am hurt...and hollow at heart...all because of HER!!! Damn it!!!

Someone tapped my shoulder and I looked up at my baby sister Smriti who sighed looking at me with a concerned look on her face..!

She asked if I was okay...or was I still thinking about my past life...!!!
How can I be okay...with whatever happened in my past life.... whatever darkness I had within me.
She said- Bhai please stop living in the past and please move on...you know we princesses can not be with you forever to take care of you.
She said- Bhai you need someone who can be with you in all thick and thin.

I closed my eyes to calm down my rising anger and said...I am okay...really I am Smriti...!!then asked her to leave to her room as I have to meet my birthday girl.

She gave me a hard look....and left shaking her head and I head towards my little devil. There she is waiting for me like always with her favourite bedtime book in her hands. I took her in my arms and laid her on the bed and gave her the present I had brought...she became happy seeing a Swiss doll...I asked her about her day and she talked for about good 15 mins...then I started reading the fairytale from her book...and soon sleep took her in her la la land. I gave her a kiss on her forehead and looked at her...she was happy today...but I was guilty of her suffering...suffering to live alone....without a mother...all because of HER...ofcourse Smriti was there but she can not be her mother and I know that...but I can not come upto give her the happiness she deserves. I sighed and left her room to reach the darkness....the darkness of my room...my life...where nobody was going to give me company except for the bitter past with HER.

I looked at the ceiling...thinking about my bitter past...I wanted to break down...but had no choice...my princess needs me...with that sleep engulfed me to wake up to another struggling day.

Story of my Life!!

How was it guys?