Let Time Heal

Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. Giving time to yourself is the best way to heal.

Writer's pov (that's the crazy me guys)

After Vikram left, Akira was numb!
She was speechless... She could not tell if she should consider his proposal.

Soon, she recovered and went to meet her son, her Vidit; whom she yelled at... She wanted to hug her baby.... And apologize to him.

She reached to her room and found vidit sleeping on her bed... She went near him and patted his head and her gaze fell on a piece of paper which her son was clutching to his chest!
Curious, she carefully took out that paper and saw it..... It brought tears in her eyes.
It was an old drawing where he had drawn a child of his age with his mom and dad.
And this time he had written Mr. Rathore  over the father figure!
A pain raised in her Heart... Looking at her son's vulnerabilities.

Crying, She ran out of her room... And reached to the backyard garden and slumped in the grass.

She cried her heart out.... All of her bitter past started to replay in front of her.

A sudden pat on her shoulder startled her. She turned around to her father and at a distance her mother was watching them.

Come my child, get up! - said Mr Singh

Akira wiped her face and followed her father.
He asked her to sit on the swing with her while her mother sat on a bench.

He began - You know Aki, when you were small you used to cry over small things. And I would take you to a swing like this... And you would forget all your sadness.
Sometimes, I would take you an ice cream vendor and you would jump in joy.
Your mom would scold me that I was over pampering you. But, I was unaffected and continued to do my bits.

We raised you to become a woman of substance. Your mother was very protective of you....wouldn't let you do things on your own. wouldn't be there for you always for the important fact was to always be involved in every aspect of your life... I did not ask you to become someone.... But I just guided you through all right and wrongs.
Your mother was and still is the the best but you always wanted my opinion in every matter. Why do you think you did that?
Because you felt, i always adviced you to do what you felt like doing. And I would stand by your side.
Because This is a natural protective instinct that comes with a father!

How do you see your life without your daddy, aki?

What are you saying pa?

Exactly!
Then how can you not accept the need for a father figure in your son's life.
Why can't you see his need of a protecting figure who would always stand by him.
I am not asking for you to settle... But I second with what Vikram said.

I said - Dad you don't understand anything!
He replied - Then make me!

I put my head on his shoulder and been -

Dad I am scared! I don't know how to deal with him. He says he will provide vidit with his love, what how?
He has Kiyara to look after!
And other than that he is a busy man!
Why would a person like him, invest his time with my son so selflessly?
I can not trust him dad!
For a fact i can not trust any other man apart from you!

Mr. Singh patted her head and said - Aki, not all men are alike! And above all, Vikram is not asking you anything in return... And you can trust him... As he is  a father himself! He can the vulnerable side of our vidit.

The choices you make here and now are forever important!

Look out for your son and understand what he wants from Vikram and this should help you decide!
Rest, my child, I have your back!

Akira looked into his father's old eyes... And sighed!

Take me away Pa! I want to be alone! May be then I can think about it! - she said

Later at her room

Vidit was awake and Akira made his favorite modakas (Indian Sweets) and went to have a heart to heart chat with him.

She approached vidit but he turned his face to the other side. She smiled inwardly and made him sit in her lap and said -
Sorry my sweet heart! Please forgive your mom for yelling at you!
Look I made Modakas only for you!

Modakas!!!! For me!!! - the little boy jumoed in her lap and began clapping.

Akira nodded and offered him a piece and he quickly grabbed.

So am I forgiven!?! - asked Akira

Yes Mom! Beaides, I now, have a daddy to complain! - he exclaimed
You know he even gave me his personal number! I call call him anytime! - he added

About that! - Akira began
Look, Mr Rathore is very kind.... He consider you as his child... Just like kiyara... But we can not trouble him for every single thing, can we?

But why moomy? - asked vidit pouting

Akira said - Because he is a busy man. And he has to also look after kiyara and Smriti aunty all by himself. And he needs  a helping hand... Now tell me....Do you want to add more trouble to him or Do you wanna be his helping hand!

Oh! Yes, I have decided!
I will become his helping Hand! - Vidit replied after thinking a lot

There, That's my Good Boy! Now, time to sleep little champ! Chop-Chop! Off you go! - Akira said

She made him sleep and changed herself in her nightwears. And began to think about her encounters with Vikram.

All the times they spent together came rushing. They were all happy memories.

A sudden guilt engulfed her as she remembered their last meet. She was way too harsh on him.

I think I should apologize to Him!

Hola Peeps!
Here is a new update, please read and comment and do give it a star!
I will update soon.