Epilogue

"Tyler does this dress make me look fat?" I asked, grinning in my wedding dress.
"No, seven months pregnant and you can't even tell, Billie." She replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes.
"Mummy, this is boring! I want to drop the flowers!" Tyler's daughter, Corrie, yelled.
"Soon, Corrie." Tyler said, brushing her hand through Corrie's hair lovingly.
"Aunty Billie looks pretty." Corrie said quietly, looking up at me in awe.
"Thank you sweetie, you look very pretty too." I said, kissing her forehead.
Rachael's head popped around from behind the door.
"Billie. Everyone's ready for you. You look gorgeous, by the way." She said with a grin.
"Thanks Rach, I'll be out in five minutes." I took a deep breath before stepping out in front of the full length mirror. I took in my white wedding dress, fitted up the top but flowing out below that. I took in my natural makeup and hair. (that was out, just like Matty liked)
"Billie, you look absolutely stunning." Tyler breathed. Tears were threatening to fall, but I didn't let them; Tyler said she'd kill me if I ruined my makeup.
"Thanks, Ty." I said.
"You're welcome."
"No - I don't just mean now. I mean for everything. You've been my best friend throughout my whole life, and you always will be." I said.
"Naw, Billie." She said quietly, tears welling up in her eyes.
"Shit, B, you're going to ruin my makeup!" Tyler said.
I smiled and hugged her, so grateful to have her.
"Now, let's go get you married!" She exclaimed, taking Corrie's hand as well as mine and leading us out of the small room we were in.
Tyler lead me down a long hallway, to the church. First my brides' maids (including Tyler as my maid of honour) walked down the floral-scattered aisle, then Matty's best men and then Corrie as the flower girl. Then it was time for me to finally walk down the aisle. I smoothed my dress for the hundredth time.
"You look beautiful." My Dad said. Mum and Dad came down for the wedding, they were thrilled I was getting married but kind of skeptical of Matty. I had mentioned him to them on the rare occasion I talked to them, but other than that, they had no idea. I just called them up out of the blue and said
"Hey, guess what? I'm getting married!" - Well, not exactly. But they were ecstatic that I was marrying someone I loved. Dad had tears in his eyes as he looked me over in my wedding dress before walking me down the aisle.
"My baby girl - getting married. It feels like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms." He said quietly. My makeup threatened to run as tears brimmed in my eyes.
"Dad, stop. I'll cry and ruin my makeup." I laughed, waiting my eyes.
"Sorry." He whispered, smiling and kissing my forehead.
"I'm so proud of you, Billie. I love you, and I love that I get grandchildren." He grinned, pointing at my stomach.
Then I heard everyone in the next room go quiet. Music began to play and the wooden doors separating me from Matty were opened. Dad took my arm, tears of joy trailing silently down his cheeks as he walked me down the aisle. I looked up from the light pink petals scattered on the cream carpet aisle to Matty. When my eyes met his we both grinned.
"Take care of her." He said quietly to Matty before slipping his arm out of mine and sitting in the front row.
"We are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Matthew Timothy Healy and Billie Victoria Davis." The priest said.
I actually zoned out just a little bit, I was distracted seeing Matty in a suit. It was a black suit jacket with black pants as well as a white shirt and black tie. It was so incredibly attractive I almost missed him saying the words.
"Do you, Matthew, take Billie to be your lawfully wedded wife, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health?" The priest asked Matty.
"I do." He said, grinning.
"Do you, Billie, take Matthew to be your lawfully wedded husband, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health?" The priest asked me.
"I do." I managed without stuttering.
"Does anyone have any objections to this marriage?" The priest asked the guests. I don't know why I was genuinely scared someone would say something. I knew no-one would, but I was still freaking out internally.
"And now, by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife," The priest said. "You may now kiss the bride." The priest said, stepping out of the way before Matty put his hand at the small of my back, leaning me backward and pressing his lips to mine. I could've stayed like that forever, but we had an audience.
Cheers and shouts of congratulations surrounded us as Matty and I ran out of the church into the bright, clear spring day.
Fast forward to the reception.
Matty and I had danced and I had had my dance with my Dad.
We had eaten our buffet dinner, and there were some pretty good speeches.
"Well, it's my best mate's wedding, so I figure I should say something," George said, standing up and towering over everyone. "Matty was such a -" George paused before he put his hands over Corrie's ears before he said anything. "-wanker before he met you, B, and now he's completely head-over-heels in love with you, and married to you. You turned him around and now he's going to be a father. I think Billie needs a round of applause everyone," George laughed as the room erupted with cheers. "You're perfect for each other, guys, and don't forget it. You're going to fight - that's what people who love each other do - but you're strong enough to get over yourselves and go running back to each other," George said. I caught his small glance at Tyler. "Congrats to Billie and Matty, and I wish you both nothing but happiness." George finished.
"I guess that means it's my turn," Tyler said, standing up and smoothing out her dress. "Billie, I've known you since high school. I've seen you go through heart-break and I've seen you going out with guys. But none of them made you - glow - like Matty does. You two complete one another, as cheesy as that sounds. I'm sorry. I'm no good with speeches. You guys know I love you." She laughed, sitting down.
"And now we have some special entertainment." The MC announced, gesturing over to the stage. There was a drum kit, three guitars and four mics. A band? I mouthed to Matty. He just grinned and walked behind a curtain that was behind the stage.
My best friends (and husband), The 1975, walked in stage in full suits and performed at my wedding. I saw George sitting behind the drum kit with Corrie on his lap, holding little drumsticks. She was thrilled to be up with her Dad. Matty was still in his suit, standing in front of the mic.
"This is a love song, for my girlfr - wife." He grinned.
They performed Robbers and then Medicine.
When it got to the line in Robbers 'Babe, you look so cool' Matty knelt down on the stage to lean down and kiss me. The whole room cheered, earning a smile from Matty and I.
"I love you." I whispered in his ear before he stood up, grinning like an idiot.