Part 10 - Of All Names

*Matty's POV*

It was two days after the gig, two days of endless deciding who to call up and ask for them to come back. Mel, Peggy or Rachael?

The only reason Adam didn't want the Rachael girl to be our backup singer is because his ex, the perfect one, her name was... Guess what? Rachael.

Go figure.

It had ruined him with anyone with that name.

I called the boys over to my house so we could get down to business. Billie and Tyler were having a girls' spa day today, so it would be perfect for us boys to figure everything out.

Once all the boys arrived, we sat down in my living room to decide who our new backup singer will be.

"I like Peggy," Ross said.

The boys nodded half heartedly.

"But Rachael had the best voice out of all of these girls, really." I said, we were all thinking it.

George and Ross nodded, but Adam looked down, shaking his head with his eyes closed.

"Adam," George said, putting a hand on Adam's shoulder.

"Adam, she's the best out of the girls. You know she is. I'm sorry," I said.

Adam nodded, moping. I sighed.

"Alright. So George, can you call Rachael to sort her out, and tell her about rehearsals?" I said. George nodded and put his phone on speaker.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hi? George?" Rachael said into the phone from the other end.

"Yeah, hi Rachael. We were just calling to ask if you'd come and be our backup singer? Brittany was...not what we were looking for." He said.

"Oh, I'd love to! This is great!" She said.

The boys laughed, except for Adam.

"Okay, well rehearsals are at five thirty every day until our next gig which isn't for a week." George said before he gave her my address.

But then Adam was getting up, and walking to my kitchen. He ignored the looks from the boys. He grabbed a bottle of vodka and gulped it down, trying to forget how much Rachael had hurt him. I got to the kitchen, easing the bottle away from him. "Hey, mate, come on. Stop it." I said softly, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"No, Matty. I can't deal with this anymore. It's been four years, Matt. She left me four years ago, and I still feel empty. I can't do anything. I can't fucking cope. I just can't do it anymore." He said, breaking down. He slid down the kitchen bench, sitting on the floor with his back against it. The vodka bottle was hanging loosely from his grasp. I sighed and sat down next to him.

"Adam, I know, it hurts. I know how much pain you must be in. I get it. But we need this band, you need this band. Throw yourself into work to distract yourself if you have to. Just don't do anything stupid." I said. Adam's eyes leaked with tears.

George had hung up from the phone and now he, along with the rest of the boys, were siting on the floor in my kitchen with Adam. We were a close bunch.

"Adam, mate, just understand, we need this band, and to have this band we need singers. Just..." George trailed off.

"Just understand that we get that you're hurting, but we need Rachael. And to be honest, I think Rachael needs us." Ross said.

"Why does her name have to be Rachael, of all names?" Adam laughed despite his tears. I could see he wasn't feeling all that better.

We laughed as we got up, getting ready for rehearsals with Billie and Rachael.

Adam seemed a little bit better, he was putting the vodka away.

It was around five now, we still had a little while before Rachael arrived. I called Billie over and George called Ty anyway. He guys had kind of noticed Billie and I were - sort of, but not quite - together. I was reluctant to say anything, because I still didn't want to scare Billie off.

I hadn't said I loved her yet.

I wouldn't.

Not yet. I wanted to, so badly, but just...

Not yet.

Billie and Tyler arrived together in Billie's car twenty minutes later. George and I rushed to the door to meet them.

*Billie's POV*

Tyler rang the doorbell, fiddling with the hem of her shirt nervously. George answered the door, smiling. He grinned at Tyler and took her into his arms and they kissed.

"Guys, PDA much?" Matty asked.

"Yeah, like, seriously. If you're going to like, make out then, like, find a room, or something." I said fakely, twirling my hair around my finger.

Matty smiled, pecking my cheek as George and Tyler went inside.

"How are you, love?" He asked. I blushed. When he called me 'love' I melted.

"I'm alright. You okay?" I asked, hugging him. I was so short compared to him. He could rest his chin on the top of my head easily, and he kind of had to bend down to do that.

"I'm good, better, now you're here." He said, burying his face in my hair. I blushed, kissing his cheek and walking into the lounge room. Tyler was sitting on George's lap on an armchair, Adam was sitting on the floor with his back against the lounge and Ross was on the other armchair. That left the right side of the couch for Matty and I.

"So...who did you choose?" I asked once we sat down.

"Rachael." They all said. Adam looked upset. I gave him a questioning look and he just sighed and smiled sadly at me. Matty noticed and grabbed my hand.

"What? What's happened? What's wrong, Adam?" I asked, getting a little bit panicked.

Matty explained the whole Rachael-Adam situation and how he doesn't want to employ this girl just because of his ex, with the same name. I understood where he was coming from, but this girl was brilliant, I could tell back at the audition. I could see the awe on the boys' faces. They were mesmerised, she was obviously talented. I didn't feel threatened, because she was humble and didn't understand how good she was, nothing like Brittany who acted as if she was Madonna all the time.

Out of all of the girls, I'm happy it was Rachael.

The rehearsal is next. What do you guys think should/will happen? xx ;)