Part 7 - Pre-Gig Rituals

After the next week of rehearsals, at five thirty every afternoon, it was finally the day of the gig.

It didn't start till six, but Matty wanted to hang out at five. Everyone in the band decided to meet at Matty's at five thirty, so we'd have time to arrive and sound check before the gig.

I drove over to Matty's in my little Suzuki Swift, a mixture of nervousness, excitement and uneasiness. I really did like Matty, but I was terrified. I wanted to be his, but I was scared he wouldn't like me back.

I pressed his doorbell and it rang through his house.

"Hey, Billie." He said, leaving against the door frame, looking hot as ever.

"Hey," I said.

"Come in," he said.

I walked into his house, my little backpack with my outfit for tonight in it. I was currently wearing denim shorts and a black short sleeved shirt.

"I've got to get changed soon, before the gig." I said, pointing to the backpack.

In the bag was a bodycon black dress, with lace sleeves and a lace insert up the top. It was really cute. The boys had told us to wear black, so I thought this was perfect.

"Tea?" He offered. I nodded. He made the two cups of tea for us both and we both sat down on his couch, in the living room.

"Okay. Question time, I hardly know you." He said, smiling. I nodded.

"Middle name?" He asked.

"Luca." I replied.

"Favourite food?" He asked.

"Umm... Cookie dough ice cream." I said.

"Now just tell me something. Something random." He laughed, folding his hands behind his head.

"Umm-" I love you, I wanted to say.

"I love rainy days. The type of days where you can just read and listen it music." I said.

"Me too," he said. We smiled.

God, I wanted to kiss him.

"What about you? What's something random about you?" I asked.

"I'd like to think I can draw." He said.

"Well, then you need to show me," I said. Matty got up off the couch and ran out of the living room. He came back with a sketchbook in hand. He handed it to me, biting his lip. I had a look through the pages, one by one. The pages were crisp white with either charcoal pencils or just a black pen as the medium. Some drawing were of a single leaf, with every vein drawn. There were drawings of buildings, flowers, hands, faces, landscapes...and then I got to the last page. The last page was a picture of me, the exact picture he took on his phone that day at the coffee shop. It was detailed, realistic and...amazing.

"Matty, this is..this is beautiful," I said.

"That's because you're beautiful," he replied. I blushed and shook my head.

"I have to go and get changed into my outfit for tonight. Where can I go?" I asked awkwardly, backpack in hand.

"Um you can go to my room. It's just down the hall to the left." He said, pointing. I followed his directions and ended up standing in the centre of the room. It was a big room, with a massive bed with back sheets, a mirrored built in wardrobe with black edges and a black desk. The walls were white, contrasting against the furtiture.

I pulled out my dress to get changed. I had my back to the door, and slipped into the dress.

*Matty's POV*

Whilst Billie was getting changed I figured I should go and see if I looked at least alright. Black shirt, black skinny jeans, black leather jacket, black combat boots. My hair was messy, but I liked it like that. As I was walking out of my bathroom, I walked past my bedroom and saw that the door was open a crack. I could see Billie. She was getting changed. She had her back to me and was only in her bra and denim shorts. I knew it was pervy, so I backed away quickly. Shit, now she'll think I'm an absolute creep. Shit shit shit.

Billie came out of my room in a black skin-tight dress with black lace detailing. She looked hot. She bit her lip and smiled, turning around. "Can you zip me up?" She asked, pushing her long wavy bribe hair over one shoulder.

I could see the back if her black bra, under her dress. Wow, that was awkward. Stop thinking like that Matty, I thought.

As I zipped up her dress and my knuckles brushed over her back lightly, causing her to get goosebumps. I smiled at the effect I had on her. It's not because of you, a voice in my head said. She'll never like you, not like you like her. No one will miss you when you're gone. I snapped out of my thoughts quickly. Her skin was warm and soft, and I could see a bit of a tattoo peeking out on her shoulder.

"Tattoo?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's a quote." She said.

"What does it say?" I asked nervously.

She turned around once she was fully zipped up. "Those who are brave may not live forever but those who are cautious do not live at all." She said, running her fingers through her hair. I smiled at her. "You look beautiful by the way, as usual." I said. She blushed and smiled, thanking me.

*Billie's POV*

As the rest of the crew arrived, we were all getting gradually more excited. I was nervous, and I think Brittany was a bit too. She may be a mega-bitch, but she's still human. She still as feelings.

"Okay, we need alcohol." Matty said.

Matty hurried off to the kitchen and came back with shot glasses and vodka.

I'd never actually had vodka before. I was nervous.

"You okay?" Matty asked, concerned.

"Yeah." I replied, throwing back the shot with the others. It burned my throat as it went down.

"You've never had vodka before, have you?" Adam asked. I nodded sheepishly and smiled. After chatting a bit, readying the boys' instruments, and listening to a bit of music, it was time to go.

We got to the venue at five forty. It was a quick drive. The boys set up their instruments and mics, and practised a bit just to make sure it was all okay.

We were ready.

Sorry if this chapter is so short, it wouldn't save for like three times in a row. Agh. Hopefully double update today :) xx DRAMA IS COMING.