Cause I Think You're So Good

Start from the beginning

"Pretty good, actually, thank you! I was super excited when Kirishima called me about a play date! He may not seem it, but Maki is really excited!" He says, exaggerated hand movements reminding Tetsu of Iida.

"Glad to hear! But...where is he?"

Mirio rubs at the back of his head sheepishly.

"Sorry, my boy's a little shy."

He leans a bit to the side and Tetsu can see just the slightest bit of raven-esque fluff peeking out at him from behind his senior. It flinches back when it makes eye contact, fingers shaking as they curl and grip into the fabric of Mirio's sweater. The blonde reaches back to ruffle their hair and comfort them.

"Hey, bud. Remember what we talked about? You're perfectly fine and there's absolutely nothing to be afraid of, see? Katsuki is a real sweetheart. If anything, he's just as afraid of you as you are of him. But you want to be friends, right?"

A nod.

"You've got to come out and say hi then, baby. Can you do that for me or do you want to go home?"

The trembling intensifies, but the fluff finally pokes it's head out before moving from his ducked position behind Mirio and Tetsu begins to feel incredibly silly about being so peckish about this whole ordeal.

This kid is completely harmless.

"Ama---I-I mean...Tamaki!" He greets with a smile, quickly correcting himself. He doesn't want to do or say anything that might take him out of his headspace. Tetsu isn't 100% sure of the details of the whole age regression thing, but he does understand that it's important for them to have this time in their space.

Tamaki flinches back against Mirio at the volume of Tetsu's voice and he winces.

"Sorry, buddy, I didn't mean to scare you." He says, an apologetic smile curling at his lips. Tamaki nods, but he's still shaking.

"Go on, sweetie. Say hi." Mirio encourages him. Tamaki looks up at Katsuki, ripping his eyes away to look at the floor as soon as they make eye contact.

"H-Hi, K-Katsuki-kun." He says quietly, waving at him. Katsuki waves back, still too busy sucking his thumb to greet him with proper words. He isn't shaking nearly as much anymore. Tetsu thinks that he may be using sucking his thumbs as a means to calm himself.

"You wanna get down and go say hi, baby?"

Katsuki pauses, but then he nods and allows Tetsu to set him onto the floor. He approaches Tamaki cautiously, stopping just in front of him.

"I-I'm Kacchan. What's your name?" He says around his thumb. Tamaki let's go of Mirio, but opts to wring his hands as he steps a little close to Katsuki.

"M-Maki..."

Katsuki smiles.

"That's a pretty name!"

Tamaki's face lights up, blush clawing it's way up his neck as he stares at Katsuki as if he's just told him that the sky was green.

"R-Really? Y-You're not just saying that?"

Katsuki shakes his head and Tamaki can't help the way the corners of his mouth turn up in a smile.

"Y-You're pretty too, Kacchan."

"I know; daddy tells me every day!"

Eijirou clears his throat and Katsuki looks back at him.

"Manners."

"O-Oh! A-Also, thank you, Maki-chan! H-Hey, do you wanna play with my toys?"

Tamaki looks apprehensive, turning to look back at Mirio who's standing next to Eijirou while they whisper to each other in the corner. The blond gives him another thumbs up and a smile, grinning at something Eijirou whispers in his ear.