Chapter 1: Best Day Ever

Start from the beginning

"Just browsing." Mercury said, holding a book in his hand.

"Actually, I was wondering, do you have any copies of "The Thief and The Butcher"?" Emerald asked.

"Yes we do." Tukson replied.

"That's great!" Emerald said excitedly.

"Would you... like a copy?" Tukson asked.

"No, just wondering." Emerald said, Mercury closing another book. "Oh, oh! What about "Violet's Garden"? In paperback?"

"He's got it. Hardback too." Mercury stated.

"Will that be all?" Tukson asked.

"Oh, no, wait!" Emerald exclaimed, "What... about... "Third Crusade"?"

"Um... I..." Tukson hesitated, Mercury and Emerald eyeing him carefully, "... don't believe we carry that one."

"Oh." Mercury said, slamming another book shut.

"What was this place called again?" Emerald asked.

"Tukson's Book Trade." Tukson replied.

"And you're Tukson?" Emerald questioned.

"That's right." Tukson answered.

"So then I take it that you're the one that came up with the catchphrase?" Emerald asked.

"Yes." Tukson said.

"And what was it again?" Mercury asked, causing Tukson to sigh lowly.

"'Tukson's Book Trade, home to every book under the sun.'" The man quoted.

"Except the "Third Crusade"." Mercury pointed out.

"It's just a catchphrase." Tukson countered.

"It's false advertising!" Mercury exclaimed.

"You shouldn't make a promise you can't keep, Tukson." Emerald said, Mercury activated a switch near the entrance which caused one of the front windows to darken, "I hear that you're planning on leaving. Moving all the way to Vacuo." Mercury activated another switch, another window in the front darkened, "Your brothers in the White Fang won't be happy to hear that." she stated, Mercury activated a third switch, causing the last of the windows in the front to darken. "And neither are we... You know who we are, don't you?"

"Yes." Tukson replied.

"And you know why we're here?"

"Yes."

"So... are you going to fight back?"

"Yes!" Tukson yelled, producing claws from his fingers, "Yaargh!" he leapt atop his counter in a threatening manner. Mercury and Emerald backed up slightly as Tukson lunged at Emerald and slashed at her, but she dodged. Tukson looked forward and was surprised at Mercury as he raised on leg for a kick with his shotgun-greaves.

XXXXXXXX

A Minute Later...

Mercury and Emerald are seen exiting "Tukson's Book Trade". Emerald stretched her arms overhead and Mercury was carrying a comic.

"What's with that?" Emerald asked, noticing the comic in her partner's hands.

"I like the pictures." Mercury replied, as the duo continued on their way through Vale.

XXXXXXX

(Opening Theme: Simple and Clean - Utada Hikaru)