The Past

"I know you're out there," Yelena's heavily accented voice comes from somewhere in the room.

I grip my gun tighter looking for her knowing she has the same exact skill set as me.

"I know you know i'm out here," I respond.

"So are you gonna talk like grown-ups?" I question.

I round the corner and come face to face with Yelena. Our guns pointed straight at each other.

"Is that what we are?" She responds.

In a blink of an eye me and Yelena take each others guns. When that didn't work out we both kicked the guns out of our hands. Yelena grabs a knife and comes after me.

I dodge her and she rolls on the ground coming up to stab me but I stop it with my hand. I hit the knife out of her hand and send it flying somewhere in the room. We grab each other's throats, Yelena kicking the counter and throwing me over her. I shatter some glass with my leg but quickly got up.

I grab Yelena by her throat and slam her onto the cabinets. She falls down and we lock eyes. She slowly gets up maintaining eye contact with me.

"Good to see you too, sis," I say sarcastically.

Yelena gets up and starts pouring me some tea.

"What brings you home?" Yelena asks.

"This isn't home," I tell her truthfully

"Oh yeah then what is?" Yelena aggressively asks.

"You wouldn't know," I say bitterly.

"Look I didn't come here to fight, I came here because I have to do something and I need your help," I tell her.

"My help, after all these years," Yelena says.

I gulp and stare at her, I felt guilty but i've come back now so I can do the right thing.

"I-

"Someone's coming," Yelena says alarmed.

Yelena grabs her gun from the floor and walks to the door slowly. I follow behind her, my senses spiked. We hear foot steps coming closer to the entrance, my heart started to race.

A few more agonizing seconds and someone comes into view, I open my mouth wide in shock. In front of me was Yelena pointing a gun at Bruce.

"Yelena, put the gun down," I demand.

"No," She roughly says.

I put my body in front of Bruce's shielding him from Yelena. I raise my arms out trying to coax her to put the gun down.

"Please," I say with desperation.

Yelena looks at me like i'm someone she has never met. With hesitation she lowers her gun but is still alert. I turn around and face Bruce.

"You said you wouldn't follow me," my voice cracks.

"And let you do this by yourself," Bruce says.

I look down as my eyes tear up, I didn't want Yelena to see me like this. Bruce being here puts him in danger and I don't want him to get hurt because of my past.

I feel hands gently touch my face, our eyes meet again. He brushes the tear that slipped out of my eye. I nuzzle my face closer into his hand wanting to feel the comfort he gives me.

"You have to let me go, I can't have you getting hurt because of me," I tell him sadly.

I start to pull away from his hand but he grabs my waist and looks at me with his brown eyes I had fallen in love with.

"Natasha I am never letting you go, so please don't tell me to let you go," Bruce says.

"Bruce-

"Never," He whispers.

I look at him and see his love for me, I hated that he was here but i'm glad he came. I have to do this, for me and him and everyone that got hurt by the Red Room.

"I love you," my voice cracks.

"I love you more," Bruce says whole pulling me into a hug.

I wrap my arms around him and feel him kissing my head. Yelena coughs and we take that as a cue to pull away. I look at Yelena and see that she's thinking, probably about me and Bruce.

"I'm not even gonna ask," Yelena says.

We all walk into the kitchen, I need them to listen to my plan. It wasn't going to be easy that's for sure. I sit down on a chair and motion for them to do so.

"I've lived a lot of lives but i'm done running from my past," I tell them.

"We have unfinished business, we have to go back to where it all started," I tell Yelena.

"Lucky us," she sighs.

"One things for sure, it's gonna be a hell of a reunion," I say.

"What are you going to do?" Bruce asks.

"What I should have done a long time ago, take down the Red Room," I respond.

"How do you plan on doing that?" Yelena asks.

"I don't know but i'm going to need as much help as I can get," I say.

Bruce grabs my hand and a give him a small smile, Yelena looks at as weirdly.

"I want to know how this happened," Yelena says pointing at us.

"We've both dealt with a lot and we fit well together," I respond for the both of us

"Who are you?" Yelena asks Bruce.

He looks at me and I nod, he takes in a deep breathe and responds.

"I am Dr. Bruce Banner," He says calmly.

Yelena's eyes widen and then looks at me then back at Bruce.

"You're the green guy," She says.

"That is me," Bruce responds.

"You sure know how to pick them," Yelena tells me.

"And I thought you weren't going to ask," I tell her jokingly.

I chuckle and give Bruce an amusing smile, he returns it and with that I know this will work out.
___________________________________
Authors Note: I know this is VERY late, i'm sorry it took me so long. I will try to write more and give y'all more content. Anyways HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope y'all enjoy this, until next time⭐️