I'll Be There For You

"So, if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me," I challenge.

I hear the cameras clicking as I get up and walk out, a brave face plastered on my face when I want to scream on the inside. I discreetly bite my lip to kept my emotions at bay. No need for the whole world to find out more.

I get inside my car and just stare off into the distance, I couldn't believe the world knew all about my past. The one thing I wanted to be kept hidden.

I punch the steering wheel as I feel tears swelling in my eyes. I take deep breaths to calm down, finally I regain control and head to my apartment.

Once there I change into some comfy clothes, cautious of my gun-shot wound. I sit on my couch and everything comes back to me. This time I let my tears roll down my face.

I shut my eyes close and wrap my arms around my body trying to find some type of comfort. Why did this have to happen to me? I did this to myself, it had to be done.

My tears slowly come to a stop as a knock is heard. I open the door and come to a shock as I see Bruce. Bruce stares at me, my face probably red from crying with tear stains on my cheeks.

I signal him in and shut the door behind him making sure to lock the door. I turn back towards Bruce and see worry laced on his face.

"Natasha, are you okay?"

Those 4 simple words cause a tide of emotions to come over me. My tears start streaming even faster then they were before. I feel strong arms wrap their way around me and I give in.

I bury my head in Bruce's shoulder and wrap my arms around his neck. He doesn't question anything, he just holds me in his arms in a way that I find so comforting it makes me cry even more.

His hands start to rub my back and he whispers reassuringly to me. He grabs my chin gently and raises it so he can see me.

There's no doubt Bruce can see the hurt in my eyes. His eyes flash with sadness and pulls me in closer. I slowly melt in his embrace as he moves us to the couch.

I squeeze me eyes shut as memories start flashing in my mind. A whimper escapes my lips as the sound of loud gunshots are resonating in my head.

"Natasha," Bruce breathes.

"Shhh, i'm okay," I lie.

"You saw it didn't you," I say.

"Yes," Bruce responds quietly.

I shake my head and lift up into a sitting position, Bruce following soon after. This is it, he's not gonna want anything to do with me anymore. How could he. I was a terrible person.

"I understand if you never want to see me again," my voice quivers.

"Natasha, that's not you anymore," Bruce says.

"Either way Bruce, the things i've done. They were really bad," I respond.

"Yes. They were but that was in the past. I'm not going to let you go, so please don't shut me out," Bruce pleads.

"Bruce, I-

"No! You're not going to give up on yourself. You've changed you're a better person, the most kind and brave woman I know," Bruce says.

"I love you," Bruce says while a couple tears roll down his face.

"I love you too," I confess.

Bruce wraps me in his arms again and lays us on the couch once more. I close my eyes at the comfort, a warmness spreading my body. I breathe in his scent and my eyes start to get heavy.

I fall asleep knowing that Bruce will always be there for me when I need him. He wants me for me, my past affects me in a way he wont ever begin to understand but he's also the one that will get me through it. Never will I stop loving him.
___________________________________
Authors Note: I AM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY! AND FOR THE SMALL ONE-SHOT. Hopefully I can get my writing back on track. Until next time
(hope y'all like this)