Why Me?

I was in my room picking out an outfit to go out on a date with Bruce. I picked a tight fitted black dress, I put it on and the dress fit my body like a second skin much like my suits.

I brush my red hair and slip on some heels not even bothering to put makeup on. I walk downstairs to wait on Bruce. The facility's main room was empty except for me and Steve.

I stand there awkwardly waiting for Bruce. Steve notices me and his eyes discreetly roams down my body. I turn my head away pretending not to notice. Just because I kissed him that one time on the escalator to blend in, he began to take interest in me.

To be honest I didn't care, the only man I wanted to be with was Bruce. Bruce was everything I was told I couldn't have in the Red Room. It scares me how many emotions Bruce makes me feel, i've never felt this way in my life.

My thoughts are cut off as Bruce descends from the stairs. I walk towards him with a smile stretching on my face. He looked handsome and sexy in his simple shirt and pants.

"You look handsome," I tell Bruce walking closer to him.

"You look beautiful," Bruce says while twirling me around.

I laugh once i'm back into his arms. I grab on to his fore-arms and lean in for a kiss. Bruce meets me half way there, our lips moving against one another.

A cough is heard from behind, coming from Steve. I pulled away and turned toward him giving him a glare that could kill. Steve raised his hands in defeat and excused himself.

"Come on, dinner awaits," Bruce says walking me to the car.

************************************************

Bruce made a reservation for us at this fancy restaurant. As we walked in, I felt everyones eyes land on me. I ignored them and intertwined my hand with Bruce's as we walked to our table.

Bruce being a gentlemen assisted me to my chair even though we both knew I was capable. That's one of the things I liked about him, he didn't see me as the Black Widow, he saw me as me. Just Natasha.

I thanked him as he sat down. We both picked up the menu and began looking for our food.

"What are you getting Nat?" Bruce says me curiously.

"I might get the pasta, what about you?" I ask him.

"I'm getting the steak," Bruce says.

After deciding on our food we get the attention of a waiter and order. I lock eyes with Bruce and give him a warm smile which he returns but switches his gaze to something behind me. His smile drops and he starts fidgeting with his fingers. A nervous habit he seems to have.

While his head is down, I turn around and there I see a man staring at me. I roll my eyes and turn back to Bruce who is still fidgeting. I put my hand on his to get his attention.

He looks up at me and I question him with my eyes. He gives me a fake smile in return but i'm having none of that bullshit.

"Bruce just spill it already," I say somewhat angry.

I see him gulp and hesitate, I raise my eyebrows coaxing him to talk.

"Why me?" He asks.

Why him. What does that mean.

"What do you mean why you?" I say confused.

"I don't understand," Bruce says while burying his head in his hands.

"Don't understand what Bruce?" I say my voice slightly shaking.

"Why me, you could be with anyone you wanted to be yet you chose me, why!" Bruce shouts.

All eyes dart towards us with amused expressions. I stand up from my chair and walk quickly to the entrance. I hear Bruce right behind me, I start walking faster.

On the streets my heels click furiously against the pavement. My arm is suddenly pulled back, I don't attack knowing it's Bruce. He pulls me in an alley to avoid people.

"Natasha please," Bruce pleads.

"Please what," I snap at him.

"Why me?" he asks again.

I look at him straight in the eyes, his shining with uncertainties.

"Because all of me wants to be with all of you, it's as simple as that Bruce," I say choking back some tears.

"You like me for me. You understand me better than anyone else, you don't let my past affect what we have. We accept each other even with all the mistakes we've made. And you make me so happy," I cry to him.

"That's why I chose you Bruce!" I tell him sobbing.

"It's fucking scares me what I feel for you, i've never felt this way before," I tell Bruce.

"Why can't you get that through your thick skull," I say.

Bruce walks closer, tears silently rolling down his face. I bring my voice lower for what i'm about to say.

"I. Love. You," I tell him in between pauses.

He stays quiet and doesn't move. I step to him and start punching his chest.

"Did you hear that, I said I love you. I said it," I yell while punching him more, tears pouring from my eyes.

Bruce grabs my wrists to stop my punching. He then proceeds to hug me and wrap his hand around my head pulling me closer. I bury my head in his neck and cry into his shoulder. Bruce rubs my back while whispering a thousand sorries in my ear.

We stand there until I get my sobbing under control. I snuggle and pull out of his embrace slightly. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes, my stomach drops as he opens his mouth to speak.

"It scares me too. I'm terrified that I will hurt you. You say i'm not a threat to you but it still worries me that I will somehow harm you. Natasha I would die for you. You're all that I have," Bruce says truthfully.

My tears fall again, Bruce cups my face with his hands and I put mine on his chest.

"I love you so much, I would lay down my life for you," Bruce said softly.

I closed my eyes and sighed in contentment. Bruce bends down and gives my forehead a kiss. I open my eyes and laugh as I move my hands to Bruce's neck.

I pull him down, our lips connecting together. I hum into the kiss as Bruce takes control. None of us wanting to stop. Bruce gently backs me up against a wall, I pull on his curls emitting a groan from low in his throat.

He presses his center against mine causing me to let out a small gasp. He continues his kisses down my throat to my collarbone. He slowly sucks at it leaving me moaning and pressing more up against him. His mouth then went back up and to my ear.

"I love you so much," he said sending shivers down my spine.

I felt my cheeks get hot from his comment. I bit my lip and respond.

"I do too," I said smiling.

Bruce grinned at me, both of our eyes glimmering with the love we feel for one another.
___________________________________
Authors Note: I'm back, hope y'all like this one. Thank you to all the people who have read and voted, love y'all💕💫.