Little Baby

Part 2 of Our Chance

As we land the jet my heart breaks even more. How am I going to tell Bruce? How am I going to cope? This didn't feel right.

I put my hand on my belly letting the tears slip from my eyes. Scott watches me with worry laced on his face.

"We're here," Scott says breaking the silence.

I get out and I see Bruce waiting for me. That's all it took. I rushed to him and broke down in his arms. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer to him.

"What happened?" Bruce asks alarmed.

I slowly pull away from him, my red hair sticking to the tears on my face.

"I lost it. I lost the baby. I'm sorry, i'm so sorry Bruce. It's my fault," I cried to him.

Bruce's eyes clouded with his own tears, he grabbed my face in his hands.

"Are you sure? How do you know?" Bruce asks trying to sound hopeful but failing.

I looked at him, my eyes telling him everything he needed to know. Bruce nodded sadly and bit his lip to not break down.

"Can we make sure, please?" Bruce pleased with me.

I nodded my head in agreement wanting to know for sure if I had lost my baby or not. Bruce noticed how weak I had become from all this, he picked me up and I wrapped my hands around his neck and my legs around his waist.

I layed my head on his shoulder breathing him in. I couldn't imagine a life without him, I just hope we have a little one to make us complete.

He walks us in the facility where Tony and Helen were working on something. I lifted my head and questioned Bruce with my eyes.

"She is here for one of our projects," Bruce says.

I layed my head back down as Bruce approached us toward them.

"What's wrong with her?" Tony said jokingly.

With me being sensitive right now I tensed up and gripped Bruce tighter. Bruce shot Tony a deadly glare preventing him from continuing.

"Tony can you leave us alone for a moment?" Bruce asked him.

Both Tony and Helen started walking off but Bruce grabbed Helen's attention asking her to stay. Bruce walked up to a table and sat me down on it.

"What's wrong?" Helen asked while moving closer to us.

Bruce looked at me and nodded. I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath.

"To not makes this any more difficult, a couple of days ago a found out I was pregnant. I bled and now i'm here not knowing if I had a miscarriage," I say blinking away my tears.

"Will you please confirm it?" Bruce asks quietly.

"I'm not really a baby doctor but I can give you the confirmation," Helen said.

Bruce walked towards me and grabbed my hand lacing our fingers together. He gave me a reassuring kiss on the forehead, I gave him a small smile in return.

I closed my shut waiting for the answer when all of a sudden a heartbeat fills the room. I open my eyes frantically and look at Bruce, he turns to Helen.

"By the sound of it your baby is fine and you're about 2 months pregnant," Helen tells me.

"Thank you so much," Bruce says giving Helen a hug.

"Glad I could help," she says walking off to give us some privacy.

Our baby's heartbeat is for sure the most precious and pure thing i've heard in my life. Bruce pulls me in for a hug as our tears of joy spill down our face.

"The baby is okay, it's okay Nat," Bruce tells me.

I hug him tighter letting all of my tears come out, I can't believe it. I'm having a baby, we're having a baby.

"Bruce, we're going to be parents," I tell him.

"I know," He says back.

"I hope it's a girl," he confesses.

I laugh and him a shake my head, knowing if I had a girl she would be stubborn just like me. Her mom.

"Really? Well I want a boy," I tell him.

He shakes his head at me and lays his hand over my stomach. I lay my hand over his thinking of our child.

7 months later

And a baby boy they had, born on November 22nd at 2:54 in the morning. He had the most vibrant red curly hair just like his mom and had the most precious brown eyes just like his father. His name was Alekandr Romanoff-Banner.
___________________________________
Author's Note: First of all sorry for the delay and how short it was. School and band have been taking up most of my time but I will continue to write. Hope y'all enjoy💕💫.