♢Kid!MC x Nadia - Trinkets♢

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Countess," They said, bowing their head as they took their seat next to the royal. "I'm very sorry for trying to steal from you,"

"Nonsense, child," Nadia replied, "You haven't had much of an upbringing I assume. You will be taken care of now, so no more stealing for you, alright?"

"Yes, m'lady," MC replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

When they arrived at the palace, Nadia personally escorted MC to their room and had clothes in just the right size delivered shortly after. 

"Take these to my personal grand bath, MC. Use whatever you like in there, spare no treatment." Nadia said, placing silk and satin clothes in the child's hands. 

"Thank you," they replied softly as a red-haired maid came to the door to escort them.

"So," she began as she walked MC down the halls. "M'lady has really taken a liking to you. You must be pretty special for her to want to spoil you so much," the maid chattered on. "I'm Portia by the way, the Countess's personal handmaid,"

"MC," the child replied, not knowing what more to say.

Portia continued to chatter away to little MC until they reached a set of grand doors. 

"This is m'lady's bathing chambers," Portia explained, as she pulled the ornate doors open to reveal the most luxurious bath one could imagine.

The bath itself had large golden steps and rail that descended gently into the water. The edge of the bath was lined with every kind of soap and scents you could imagine, from lavender to rose to citrus. Beside the tub was a pile of the softest and fluffiest towels, warm and inviting after a good soak. And the whole thing had a lovely view of the city below it, yet it was unseen from any prying eyes.

"Take all the time you want," Portia said. "Not many people are given the opportunity to bathe in m'lady's private bath."

And with that, Portia closed the doors and left MC alone to enjoy a relaxing bath.

*~*~*~*~*~* 

After indulging in (Favourite scent) bubbles for a good long while, MC stepped out and dried off, dressing in the perfectly tailored silk and satin outfit that the Countess had given them herself.

When they stepped out into the hallway, it was mere seconds until Portia rounded the corner.

"Oh, MC! Perfect timing," she said. "I was just coming to see how you were doing and tell you that I have been asked to give you the grand tour of the palace grounds whenever you're ready."

"Alright then," MC said, hesitation still in their voice. They weren't sure they were totally comfortable with this whole 'palace guest' thing.

MC and Portia spent the rest of the afternoon wandering about the palace, making sure to pass by the kitchen for a snack, then moving on to the more interesting rooms, including the large library whose doors were adorned with the most intricate carving. Portia also lead MC out to the gardens and even by her own cottage before they made their way back inside.

"It's just about dinner time!" Portia stated as the pair approached the dining hall doors. "M'lady will be down shortly, make yourself comfortable,"

MC took a seat to the left of the head chair and looked about the room with curiosity.

They noted the large chandeliers that hung from the ceiling, as well as the fine setting of the table. They couldn't help but stare at the rather gaudy painting of a goat surrounded by other animals seated at a table.