Chapter 32

"So, hows the pregnancy going?" Luca asked as he sat down at the table, across from me, with his sandwich he was ready to eat for lunch.

I finish eating my twinkie. "Good, other than the cravings. All this baby wants is whipped cream." I try not to gag up due to the nasty texture, but grab another Twinkie out of the box anyways.

Hey, pregnancy makes you do crazy things. Luca just chuckles at my distaste and my hypocrisy.

"Twinkies?" I hear my mate enter the room as I finish unwrapping the Twinkie in my hands. "Don't judge me." I defend myself. Ansaldo just laughs and leans down to give me a light kiss. "I would never, Tesoro."

I smile at the nickname. I always do. Still don't know what it means though. But it doesn't matter, because I know it's good, and not knowing the meaning makes it more special, in my opinion at least.

As soon as he finishes giving me a kiss, he quickly leans down and takes a bite out of my snack, before running out of the room.

I gasp, very upset that he took a bite of my precious Twinkie. I turn back to Luca, who is grabbing little Nico out of her rocker. He just looks amused. "Go after him. You're pregnant, you have excuses to be moody."

I put down whats left of the Twinkie on the table before getting up and quickly following my stupid mate. The audacity of him to take food from a pregnant man had my eyes rolling so far into the back of my head, I thought I saw my brain.

"Sal! I'm gonna kill you!" I yell a threat as I lightly run out of the kitchen.

I barely see his retreating figure go up the stairs and on the way towards our room.

I pick up my pace and go up the stairs two at a time, and run into our room, where I look around for barely half a second.

I squeal in surprise as I feel arms wrap around my waist, and lift me up and spin me around. I kick my legs furiously, and whoever has me lifted sets me down. I turn around and Ansaldo tries to pull me into him, but I back away.

"Tesoro, come here." He demands.

I fold my arms over my chest. "No."

His playful face hardens. "Liam." He uses my full name this time. Oh shit.

But if he thinks that is going to work after he ate my Twinkie, he's wrong. "Annie." I say the nickname he hates with a snarky tone.

Now fuming, he turns around and locks the bedroom door. I narrow my eyes, refusing to let down my attitude.

He takes a few steps towards me, and I stay in place, just to show how mad I was. Soon enough, we were only a few inches apart, and I had lifted my head to keep eye contact with him.

"Don't give me this attitude." He points between us.

"Don't steal my twinkies." I bend one knee, and it places my hip a little out, so I was in a really sassy stance.

"Is this what this thing is about? Me eating your Twinkie?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yes! Of course it's about the Twinkie!" I begin to whine.

He begins to laugh, and I slap his chest. "Don't laugh at this! It's a serious matter!"

He leans down to kiss my pouting lips, but I turn my head to the side so he's met with my cheek instead. I can tell that angered him, because he growled.

I didn't know how badly it would backfire though. He began to trail up to my ears, and he nipped and sucked on my ear lobes.

I close my eyes, biting my lip, trying to not let out a moan. To not give in.

He stopped the attack on my ears, and trailed down my neck, eventually coming to my mark, before he teased me by kissing it lightly. It sent shock waves of pleasure throughout my entire body, and I released a small whimper.

That only drove him further though, and he continued to assault my mark. I didn't know how weak my knees became until he wrapped on of his arms around my back and held me up and close to him.

He eventually trailed back up and tried to kiss me again, but I snapped back into the situation quickly, and refused again. He growled in frustration. "I'm sorry I ate your Twinkie." He said.

Satisfied, I look back at him. "See? Was that so hard?" He rolled his eyes playfully before I finally let him kiss me.

I quickly moaned into the kiss, and he took that as an opportunity to slip inside and explore every corner of my mouth.

All I could think about in that moment was just how much I loved him. How much I needed to tell him.

I pulled away, and he tries to pull me back, but I stop him.

"Wait," I say a little breathless "I need to tell you something."

His face turns to one of concern. "What is it?"

I open my mouth, and before I can tell him how much I love him, a knock on the door is heard.

"One moment, Tesoro." He places a light kiss to my head before he turns to the door and opens it.

"Sorry to disturb, but me and the other head warriors have a few ideas to make training more advanced and borders more secure..."

I drown out the warrior, as disappointment settled in. I closed my mouth, a frown replacing it.

"I'll come take a look and we can discuss it until dinner time," Ansaldo agrees, as I snap back in to their conversation.

"Oh, Liam? You were going to tell me something?" My mate turns back to me, concern back on his face.

I shake my head, and dismiss my serious tone. "I forgot," I didn't. How could I forget? "Go help the pack." I tell him.

He gives me a small, yet bright and loving smile before turning and leaving to do his job.

Maybe someday I'll tell him.

Soon.