Chapter #1: "The New Arrival"

Beacon Academy.

One of the most prestigious academies in the world.

The place where warriors are forged.

Or, at least, the place where warriors are being forged.

"Come on, Yang, let's go!" Ruby Rose, a huntress and leader of team RWBY, exclaims with excitement as she drags her older sister Yang Xiao Long along.

"Hey, wait up!" Yang says.

"Ruby, what's the rush?" Blake Belladonna, the Faunus huntress, asks.

"Yeah. Why the hurry?" Asks Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee dust company, and fellow huntress.

"Have you guys completely forgotten?! The new student is arriving today!" Ruby exclaims.

"Wait, what?! Today?!" Everyone else exclaims at the same time.

"Yeah! Remember, professor Oscar said we should welcome him at the hangar, remember? So, come on, let's go team RWBY!" Ruby happily shouts out loud as she and her fellow teammates run to the hangar.

Eventually, they reached the hangar on time to see that the Bullhead that was carrying the new student was already about to land.

"Who do you think it is?!" Ruby yells to be heard over the turbulence.

"We're about to find out!" Yang replies.

In a couple of seconds, the Bullhead eventually lands, and its side doors begin to open. As it did so, two men stepped out of the Bullhead. One was a tall, thin man in his mid-thirties with short black hair, red eyes, and pale white skin, wearing a white polo with a grey center, a black collar, and black sleeve cuffs, partnered with black pants and shoes, while a huge sword is stored on his back. A second man is right beside him, except this man was much younger, with short black hair, silver eyes (that caught Ruby's attention) and pale white skin, wearing a black polo shirt, dark grey pants, black boots, black gloves (with grey knuckle reinforcements and red lines running down its fingers), and shoulder, chest, elbow and knee pads; all while a large sword with a blue hilt and handle stored in a black scabbard is stored on his back.

Ruby knew the older man as her uncle Qrow Branwen, a skilled huntsman and, as annoying as it is, an everyday drinker; evident in the stainless steel wine flask in his hand... That he just so happened to take a sip out of... Again. But still, even with that flaw, Ruby cares for him, as he is family, after all, and he's been looking out for her for a very long time.

"Uncle Qrow!" Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long happily shout as they charge at him to hug him.

"Whoa, hey, easy on me, alright?" Qrow jokes as the two siblings hug him tightly.

"So, how was the mission?" Ruby asks.

"Well, it was good; evident in the fact that your new fellow huntsman is here safe and sound," Qrow says as he looks towards the much younger man beside him, who slightly smirks at the sight he sees before him: a happy family.

"Oh, hi! You must be the new student!" Ruby says as she walks towards the man, who seems to be around her age. "I'm Ruby Rose, by the way, leader of team RWBY. Welcome to Beacon academy!"

Ruby then hands out her hand for a handshake, which the man kindly accepts with a nod.

"So, what's your name?"

The young man's expression then changes to a more formal looking one.

"Leon. Leon Night," the man replies.

"Wait, Leon Night?! As in, the son of Revela Night, the business woman and film director who runs Night Entertainment?!"

"Yeah, she's my mother. It's an honor to meet you, Ruby Rose, and you too, heiress Weiss Schnee," the man known as Leon says with a humble bow.

"Oh, no need for the formalities! Just call me Weiss." Weiss says with a blush.

"I'll be sure to take note of that," Leon says to Weiss with a slight smirk and a nod.

"Oh, and these are my other teammates: my sister Yang Xiao Long, and Blake Belladonna," Ruby states as she introduces the rest of her teammates to Leon.

A tall girl with blonde hair wearing a brown jacket walks up to Leon.

"Hi. I'm Yang. Nice to meet you!" She says.

"I'm Blake, by the way. Nice to meet you too," the other girl with black hair and cat ears (a trait of her Faunus identity) wearing a white trench coat says.

"It's an honor to meet you two as well," Leon says with a nod.

"So, now that you've met your new fellow students, I think it's about time we go introduce him to the headmaster, don't you think?" Qrow cuts in.

"Oh, yeah! It's about time you meet professor Oscar!" Ruby happily says.

Leon smirks at the prospect, and proceeds to follow Qrow and team RWBY to the headmaster's office.