The doll

(A/n: Happy Thanksgiving! On a completely unrelated note, I started a new book ...again . It's an Attack on Titan Levi x oc [because I'm cringy] called Wipe Them Out. I'm also thinking about starting a 'watch their show' fanfic with Attack On Titans became I can only find three on this website/app. Should I do it?)

I scramble down the muddy hill towards my friend. "Daryl, are you ok?" My eyes quickly shift to the blood pooling around him and the arrow. "Sorry, stupid question."

"Dam right it was a stupid question!"

"Come on, out of the dirty water. It could get infected." Sitting him up, I take off the flannel I was using as a jacket and tie it firmly around him before glancing up and realizing how close our faces were. I glance away. "Can you stand?"

Daryl lets out a grunt in response. "I've had worst, and ya' know it too Iz."

"You shouldn't of had to." I shift so he has one arm wrapped around my shoulders so that he can balance himself. I walk him to the bank before motioning for him to stay as I retrieved his crossbow. Man, I could really use a shower after we get back. I'm soaked and caked in mud and blood, my two least favorite rhyming words at the moment.

I hand it to him and he lets out a huff. "I ain't broken ya know."

I toss him a soft smile as we begin to scale the cliff. "I know. I think you're the strongest person I've ever met, even if you are sort of a crack head." I nudge him slightly to let him know I'm joking. God knows that otherwise he'd start being hard on himself again.

"Says the girl who joined the military for kicks."

"Harsh blow Dixon. Honestly, I don't think we can be friends anymore after you go around saying something like that."

"Shut up. Ya' love me, you know you do." I blush slightly. I do . God, I hate that I do. I am such a cliche.

"Hmm. Do I?" The rest of the slow, tedious trip is mostly in silence besides discussing what the best thing to hoist ourselves up with was.

"Daryl, if you need a break..." I start before he cut me off.

"Nah, I'm fine. I just need to stop being such a pussy, that's all." I let out a sigh. This time, we both end up tumbling down the cliff . I wince in pain as I place my fore arm on the ground and push myself up.

For the second time in several hours, I scramble over to Daryl. He's not moving this time.

"Daryl?" When he doesn't answer, I start lightly slapping his face with one hand. "Daryl Dixon, I swear, if you're dead, I am marching straight down into the depths of hell and ... and..." I choke back a sob. "Ya' won't be happy!" I let out a broken laugh to myself. "I sound like a child, don't I ?"

Daryl started to mumble underneath his breath and my heart clenched as he muttered his brother's name. Ok, so he's not dead. He's just out of it. I can work with this...I hope. I drag him so that he's sitting up and start to think to myself. I had enough trouble getting him up the hill when he was conscious...but if I don't he might bleed out.

A growling wakes me from my thoughts and I draw my knife. We definitely can't stay here waiting to be eaten.

I stab the first Walker in the head, cringing at the squelching sound it made. Behind me Daryl starts to stir. I kick the second in the chest before stabbing it through the eye.

I turn around to see Daryl trying to sit up. I smile at him.

"Good. You're awake. We've gotta get a move on."

He glanced at the dead Walkers behind me. "Yeah, no kidding Iz."