What is Shane becoming?

I was awoken by Maggie shaking me awake. It's just like college.

"You didn't tell me Daryl was hot!"

I groan as I sit up. "It just never seemed important I guess."

"So you agree." I pale as I try to object, but Maggie was already smiling. "You agree he's hot."

"Shut.Up. Maggie." I glance around nervously. "Is he here?"

"You're safe, but he should be soon. Here, I found some of your old college clothes. Put 'em on." She stole my clothes? Of course she did.

With some difficulty due to my wounds, I fit into a light blue t-shirt and blue jeans. I never noticed how much cleavage this shirt showed. I examine myself in the mirror before walking out of the room slowly. I didn't get much sleep. I stayed by Carl till they had confirmed that he was ok.

I walked out side as the sound of Daryl's motorcycle rang through the quiet morning. He pulled to a stop next to me. His eyes scanned me for the bullet holes.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, just a little sleep deprived and sore." Daryl wrapped me into a hug with one arm and winced slightly. A blush dusted my cheeks as he kissed my forehead.

"Good. How's Carl?"

"Fine for now. He's stable." I shoot Maggie a look as she wiggles her eyebrows from behind Daryl.

Mini time skip:

Ever since Daryl and I have met up again, he hasn't let me out of sight, let alone out of arm distance. He often had come to draping one arm around my shoulders, always carful to not touch my shoulder wound.

That's how we stood now as we payed our respects to the man who had shot Carl and I.

"Shane, will you speak for Otis?"

"I'm not good at it, I'm sorry."

"You were the last one with him. Please, I need to hear. I need to know that his death had meaning." I cast a pitying glance towards the blonde woman. I can't even begin to imagine what she is going through, but I imagine I would be in a similar state if I had found Daryl dead.

I turn my attention to Shane as he begins to talk.

"We were about done. Almost out of ammo. We were down to our pistols by then. I was limping, it was looking bad. 'We've gotta save the boy'. See, that's what he had said. He gave me his backpack, shoved me ahead. He told me to run. Said he'd cover me. And when I looked back... if not for Otis, I'd never have made it out alive. Carl too. It was Otis. He saved us both."

I turned slightly so I could see Daryl's face. I could tell that he believed it about as much as I did . Maybe Otis really did save Carl and Shane. But not the way Shane told the story.

I just have one question: what is Shane becoming?