The veins in my temples pulsed as I gritted my teeth, heart thumping in my ears at the sudden usage of power.

"Got em!"

My jaw ticked as I pulled on the connection, instantaneously pulling the inmate back, his wife and daughter in his embrace.

The second they were safe, the man started sobbing, sinking to his knees while he clung onto his mate and child, pressing his face in their hair and kissing them as if his life depended on it.

But I couldn't pause on this heartwarming moment. Several other voices popped up simultaneously, a few sounding strained as if struggling.

Vane shifted and tore down the clearing the second we heard the call and pounced on the unsuspecting wolf the moment the struggling couple appeared.

The wolf had not a second to respond, blinking once before a massive paw slammed against the side of his head, sending him flying several feet before slipping to a halt on the opposite side of the clearing.

Unconscious.

"Anders! Send me back, they have my son somewhere else!" The man urged, pressing a reassuring kiss to the slender man beside him, pushing off his confused mate's hands milliseconds before he disappeared once more.

My legs shook under the strain of pulling the inmates back, sometimes having to send them away to retrieve the rest of their family.

Blood reached my nose seconds before Benji presented his wrist inches from my nose, a reassuring smile on his lips. "Feed. You need the energy to get everyone to safety, babe."

My fangs lengthened as I licked the wound he had made, allowing them to sink in and suck more blood to the surface, struggling to focus for a second as the addictive taste of my mate danced over my tongue.

But he was right; his blood gave me the energy required to push on until finally, the last few inmates had returned and were having their tearful reunion.

I grimaced and relaxed, cracking my neck before sitting down with a groan. All my muscles were trembling and I could feel a headache threatening to take over soon.

"Babe, you did it!" Benji's squeal warned me seconds before he flew against my back, causing us both to flop over in the dirt as he laughed without a care.

The pride in his eyes made my chest swell with emotion before I sent him a cocky grin, hauling him over my shoulder and in my lap.

"Nice job, Hybrid. Though we're only getting started." Vane smirked as he stood behind Elijah, who was blushing while standing still to hide his mate's naked form.

I caught the polar bear's eye and smirked as he bared his teeth in a deadly grin. "Now comes the fun part, after all. Those pups didn't put up much of a fight." He added with a nod towards the unconscious wolves currently being tied up by several of the inmates.

A dark smirk slid over my own lips as my eyes wandered over the inmates. Their rescue should've traveled through the pack and by now, I was quite certain that their superiors were all having a meeting to deal with this sudden lack of hostages.

Which meant those bastards were all grouped together.

Perfect.

Several of the inmates volunteered as they cracked their knuckles, itching for a chance of revenge against the pack that had wronged them.

Those who remained here were already forming a large circle, protecting the mates and children while Vane and several others cracked their necks and smirked, disappearing as soon as they gave me the go-ahead.

Seconds later, the Alpha, Betas and several Elders of the Redhill's pack were struggling against the inmates, blinking as they realized their change of surroundings and the mass of snarling, hissing shifters around them.

The Alpha gulped, quickly realizing what had happened, his trembling form turning until his eyes landed on me. And my smirking mate besides me, who twirled his fingers at him in a mocking wave.

"Anders? W-what is the m-meaning of this? We had an agreement that I could deposit these, these filthy criminals here." The Alpha snarled, regaining some of his courage as the rest of his little pack grouped up around him, snarling and baring their teeth at the inmates.

Though several of them nearly shat their pants when Vane shifted and roared back at them, sending them stumbling on their asses, skin ashen with fear.

Smirking, I tilted my head and nodded once, eying the man who basically ordered my mate's execution darkly. He gulped with a sudden hint of nerves when Benji seemed to catch the hint and leaned against me, brushing his cheek against mine with a rumbling purr.

"Deals change, Alpha. As a matter of a fact, I'm starting to wonder if you actually are the legitimate Alpha of the pack. I wouldn't be surprised if you and your lackeys have banished the true Alpha in your greed and took over the pack in the middle of the night."

The Alpha's eyes twitched at that, causing my smirk to widen as his eyes betrayed him. "So it is true... just like Vaughan said. But then again, that's why you banished him to this island and threatened to have his mate killed, didn't you?"

"I did no such thing! I don't make deals with filthy vermin. These men are criminals, a dark mark on society-" The man ranted before pausing, grabbing at his throat when he couldn't produce a single sound.

Vane huffed as he slowly circled around the group, the elders eying him warily while the Betas protected the Alpha's back, anticipating an attack from the angered bear.

"Well, I know you prefer the sound of your own voice, but some of us want some peace and quiet." Chuckles rang out as the Alpha opened his mouth, mutely screaming in protest and most likely demanding me to return him the ability to use his voice.

"Though gentlemen, we seem to have a bit of a misunderstanding. We didn't bring you here to listen to your excuses as to why you tricked the Alphas family into a duel that you and your bribed Elders had already fixed. We already know everything about this situation, and the money you paid to several others to remain in power."

One of the Elders, a graying flabby man snarled and spoke up. "Whatever this is, we deserve a chance at least, a trial! You have no proof-"

"Oh, but we do. Every single one of these men, torn away from their families, their children, their mates are all witnesses to the corruption of your pack." I halted the man, watching him swell and grow red with anger at being interrupted.

The Elders paled a bit when Vane snorted out a huff, several of the inmates shifting to their own animals. A few of the Hyenas cackled with excitement, joining Vane as they circled the men from the opposite side, teeth bared and hackles raising, the slightly smaller Grey wolf shifters snarling venomously at the corrupted group.

"Let's make something clear here, gentlemen." I stated slowly, smirking as the inmates slowly shifted, one by one, all of them eager for what was to come. They all knew how twisted and corrupt these men were; there was only one solution to fix this mess.

"You are all under the impression that you're all standing trial for the false banishment of the true Alpha, the false imprisonment and abuse of dozens of shifters and the killings of even more innocent people. Well, you are wrong."

The group mistakenly relaxed before tensing as the inmates slowly approached. Wolves, hyenas, tigers, leopards, panthers, vampires, alligators... All of them were waiting for my final words.

"This isn't your trial. This, is your execution."