Chapter 6

---Benjamin's POV---

Purrs kept rumbling through my chest as Anders' fingers lazily dragged through my fur. I had already figured out the man was my fated, my mate. Just weird to find him on an island filled with inmates.

My eyes were heavy lidded, body limp and completely relaxed as Anders kept petting me. Glancing up at my mate, I realized his eyes were on me, a seductive smile on his lips. His eyes sparked with mischief and before I knew it, I was sitting naked on top of Anders' chest.

"What...how?" I stuttered, blushing as Anders' hands firmly gripped my hips to stop me from moving away. I remembered something similar happening before but I had thought I had shifted back on accident. Now I wasn't so sure about it.

"What's your name sweetness?"

I blinked, realizing I'd never said my name to him, even though I had learned his through the other inmates. Licking my lips, I watched as Anders' eyes darkened while they followed the motion.

"Benjamin."

Anders' eyes darkened considerably, whispering my name in such a way that I shivered in delight. "Hmmm, Benjamin. You've already learned my name but do you know what we are?"

I nodded slowly, eyes sparking under the influence of my cat. "Mates." My lips parted as Anders suddenly sat up, stopping just inches away from my face. His scent swirled around me, a heavenly combination of his own musk, the freshness of the jungle and something subtly sweet.

My breathing accelerated as Anders watched me closely, eyes full of amusement and hunger. His expression made my stomach tense slightly, a light perspiration covering my skin.

On one end I felt conflicted because technically Anders was a stranger, a creature I didn't know nor did I know the man he was. Yet, he was also my mate and even though his touch felt wrong, it felt so right.

"Anders..." I panted, pausing, as I didn't know how to continue. His eyes were a piercing blue, sweeping over my bared body before they lingered on my throat. They only flashed up again to pause on my lips as well.

His fingers slowly dragged up my body, tracing the faint contours of my muscles before slipping further up my chest to lightly grasp my throat. His thumb brushed over my throat, following the motion as I swallowed heavily.

Just as I was about to speak, his other hand reached up to silence me as he sat up completely, our noses brushing together as I slipped further down his lap. My cheeks burned with heat as Anders heated eyes looked down at me.

"You don't know what you do to me sweetness." He whispered as his hand brushed over my blushing cheeks. "I'm this close to ignoring the fact that we hardly know each other and just lean forward to claim those lips before sinking my fangs in that pale skin of yours."

I gasped, panting even harsher as he unintentionally heated my blood even more by tracing my throat. The beautiful blue of his eyes was just a sliver against his dilated pupils as he swallowed dryly.

Without realizing, I leaned back and let myself drop in the sturdy hammock, Anders following behind closely until he was hovering over me. The soft fuss of the fur-covered hammock tickled my back slightly but I was more focused on the warm and hard muscles of Anders' body that pressed up on me.

His eyes were displaying the inner war, the confliction between his lust, hunger and need against the fact that although we were mates, we were also strangers.

And then he smirked at me, lowering his body so I was trapped underneath him. I didn't feel threatened at all, instead I felt my muscles quiver and tense as Anders crowded me into the fur until his nose brushed against mine.