Chapter 15

---Anders' POV---

Anxious and excited chatter resounded through the chilly morning as the inmates spoke in hushed tones. All of them has listened intently to our plan and had nearly howled in chorus when I asked of their approval.

They all had tried and failed for years, centuries, to please the corrupted pack, to sit here patiently and wait, knowing their loved ones were at risk if they didn't nod their heads obediently and bowed down to the pack's supreme reign.

No more.

A smirk slipped on my lips when a soft cheek brushed against my arm, purr rumbling through my skin as fingers splayed against my stomach.

Benji's eyes were warm and reassuring as he looked up at me, stretching his neck to accept a kiss on his lips. He teasingly flicked his tongue over my lower lip, teeth following soon before he released a mewl when I deepened the kiss, sucking on his tongue and nipping at his lip in return.

As I pulled back, Benji breathed deeply, snickering slightly as his tongue flicked out over his reddened lips. If I didn't have to preserve my energy for this mass teleportation, I would've had no qualms with tossing him over my shoulder and head to our bedroom.

Instead, I sent him a look that promised my retaliation, which only succeeded to make him smirk wider, shivering as a deeper purr trembled through his body.

"Focus, babe. You're getting distracted." He purred teasingly, chuckling when I dryly remarked, "Huh, I wonder why?" My palms trapped his hands against my stomach, where they had been tantalizingly close of dipping further down.

"Keep playing with fire and you'll end up getting burned, kitten." I promised darkly, smirking when Benji shivered at the mental pictures I presented him with.

Promises of sexual torment, of being edged for hours and him begging for release, only getting it when I saw fit.

My tease of a mate slowly removed his hands and raised them innocently in the air, declaring his surrender. But I just knew by the twinkle in his eyes that he was all too eager to keep taunting me until I snapped and drove him up against the nearest wall.

"Curb your libido and focus on the task at hand, unless you accidentally want to present the pack with your mate." Vane growled behind us, making me growl lowly in return before I took a deep breath and sighed.

He was right though. I needed to be able to focus on my connection with the inmates, have them focus on their own mates and children before sending them over.

Any rogue thought of bending over my mate could result in Benji being teleported instead of them. And I would destroy whoever laid a hand on my mate.

Taking a few calming breaths, I once more strengthened my resolve, deepening the connection I had with the inmates.

Soft steps approached, a soft hiss responding to Vane's warning growl before I glanced at Vaughan, barely offering him any attention.

The second we had informed the inmates of the plan, Vaughan had come around, begging for us to retrieve his mate as well.

I wasn't as cruel to deny him a chance of a happy life with his mate, though I did threaten him for coming near Benji and attempting to use my mate against him.

"Ready?" I asked, pulling on my demonic side as soon as Vaughan nodded. "Think of your mates. Think of your children. The second you have a hold of them, no matter who's grabbing you, no matter what happens, reach for me."

The mental command flowed through the connection, all inmates nodding their heads as one.

And then they disappeared.