He was before her in a few long strides.

His large hand rose to wipe away the missed tears.

She was transported back to the first time she played for him.

When she had opened her eyes and found him standing before her, his arm stretched toward her in the same way.

The soft smile he gave her showed he was thinking of the same.

"Don't ever say sorry for hurting, angel. Let it out. Scream, shout, cry. Destroy the piano if you want, we can buy another." He brushed her hair behind her ear.

Leaning forward, she rested her head against the muscular planes of his stomach.

"Did you watch it?" Her voice was slightly muffled by his sweater.

He looked so devastatingly handsome as always.

A white button-down shirt under a caramel cable knit sweater.

The fringe of his golden curls falling into his eyes.

He looked both so young and old all at once.

Like he had lived a thousand years, yet never aged at all.

He nodded his head, his fingers dancing down her spine like he was playing music.

"I've never felt angrier in my life than when I had to watch him..." He trailed off; a dark expression twisted his angelic features.

Her heart clenched.

She hated causing them anger or stress.

But Enid knew better than to keep the video from them.

"I'm so sorry you had to watch it, angel. I hate that you went through it, but having to relive it again is so cruel." Alexander's practiced fingers worked at the knots in her shoulders.

The sound of expensive shoes alerted her to the arrival of the missing members of the trio.

Alexander stepped to the side, his hands continuing their ministrations.

"Those brainless runts are going to pay for what they did, darling." Theodore got to her first, the same burning rage in his eyes that she had seen in Alexander's.

The syllables dripped with vitriol.

His strong arms pulled her from the bench into his embrace.

His crisp cologne filled her nose and she relaxed against him.

The steady thumping of his heart filled her ear pressed to his chest.

Dante stepped forward into her eyesight.

Like the others, his expression was alight with fury.

Wrath and devastation.

She reached out her hand to him and he laced his fingers with hers.

Theodore held most of her weight as the other man pressed kisses along the small pads of her fingers.

Alexander's hands resuming their path across the tightness of her shoulders and neck.

Her eyes fluttered shut, feeling safe again for the first time in hours.

They were picking up her pieces and sowing her back together.

Again.

As easily as if they had been born to do so.

"You're safe, tesoro mio. We've got you. We won't let anyone hurt you ever again." His Italian accent brought a small smile to her face.

She believed him.

⫸     ⫸     ⫸

Tesoro mio - my darling/ treasure

Next few chapters will be less sad hopefully.

I feel it's important to give Enid the time she needs to hurt and mend, though.

Comments fill my heart with joy.

All my love, Sappho ⫸