Chapter 4: Power VS Plasma

Toothless was led out the large front doors of the bottom part of the Roost. It opened up to a clearing used for training, planning and hanging out. Winger walked beside the Alpha eagerly. He smiled brightly as he tried to keep his posture perfect to impress the older dragon. Toothless noticed this from the corner of his eye and smirked. He turned to the smaller blue dragon and the others. 

"So, what is it you want me to show you?" Toothless asked as he looked down to the shorter beings. 

"Well, I was thinking... we show you what we can do and you tell us how to improve." Winger suggested. 

"Wow. I've never heard Winger ask for help... from anybody." Aggro said, clearly trying to annoy the swiftwing. Winger looked back to the small red dragon and rolled his eyes. 

"I understand. I never used to ask for help. But Hiccup showed me that's it's okay to ask for help when you need it. But I'm sure you guys are very skilled. There probably isn't much I could teach you." Toothless explained humbly. 

"I'm sure there are some things we could improve on." Summer thought out loud. 

"For you maybe. But my spine shots are pretty much on point." Cutter laughed nervously at his own joke. No one else laughed but Toothless gave a quiet chuckle. 

"You remind me of a friend back home. Most of you do." 

"Whoa, really? Are they a razorwing?" Cutter asked. 

"A deadly nadder, similar to a razorwing. Her name's Stormfly. She can shoot a spine anywhere, her aim is brilliant."

"I would love to meet her some day!" Cutter exclaimed. 

"Do you know any rockspitters, by any chance?" Burple asked quietly. 

"Meatlug. She's a gronkle. Looks a lot like you, except brown scales. Not very fast but extremely strong." Toothless stated, causing Burple to smile. 

"I bet there's no dragon like me! Sometimes, I get too hot to touch!" Agro boasted. The other dragons nodded. 

"Hookfang. A very close friend of mine. Challenges me every once in a while, but only for fun. Can set his whole body on fire in a second. I'm sure he'd like to meet a firey spirit like you." Agro straightened up in pride. 

"Any fastfins, maybe?" Summer asked. 

"I'm not close with any water dragons but we do have a few scauldrons here and there. Very fast in the water, and you are too, I assume?" Toothless asked. Summer smiled with a small blush. 

"Maybe a little fast." She said shyly. Winger walked up to Toothless. 

"What about a swiftwing?" Winger asked, hoping there was another dragon similar to him. 

"Now that I think about it... you're a lot like me." Toothless said as he smiled to the young dragon. Winger looked to the nightfury with excitment. 

"I'm like the Alpha? How?" Winger asked. 

"Shoot into the ocean." Toothless instructed. Winger looked at him confused but walked over to the edge of the cliff that held up the Roost. He looked down to the massive body of water and shot a power blast. It created a small explosion in the water. He looked down at it proudly as semi-large waves formed from his blast. Toothless stood next to him. 

"Not bad. And your blast is pretty similar to mine." Toothless complimented Winger before he prepared a regular plasma blast. An (*iconic*) high pitch sound was heard as Toothless' mouth lit up purple. A plasma blast shot out of his mouth and hit the water below. A much larger explosion formed as waves ran away from where the blast made contact. A "whoa~!" was heard from each of the younger dragons. Toothless looked to the swiftwing and smirked. Even his regular plasma blasts were incredibly powerful. 

"Maybe someday your shots could be as powerful as mine." 

"That would be awesome! But you're the Alpha so your blasts are naturally more powerful. But that won't stop me from trying to meet your standard." Winger said proudly. 

"I only just met you and you've already met my 'standard'. As long as you practice hard, you'll reach where you want to be." Toothless assured the younger dragon. He went back to the training area in front of the Roost while the younger dragons followed behind him. He had each of the kids aim their fire, spines and rocks at the targets in front. He gave them tips on how to aim better, shoot stronger and even gave them scenarios where they would have to figure out what to do. They were all very grateful for the Alpha Dragon's tips and were clearly improving. Toothless also enjoyed helping them be the best they could be. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Hiccup was hanging out with the twins. Dak and Leyla asked the Chief many questions, which he gladly answered. 

"How long did it take you to train Toothless?" Leyla asked as she held her notebook out. 

"How many crazy tricks can you do?" Dak asked anxiously. 

"I heard his saliva has healing properties, is that true?"

"What's his shot limit?"

"What did you name Toothless' and the Lightfury's babies? I heard it was Nightlights, that's so cute!" 

"Can you help me with my inventions?"

Hiccup enjoyed answering every single question that the twins asked him. The questions reminded Hiccup of his early days with Toothless and the gang. It made him happy. He also asked the kids a few questions about Huttsgalor, who lives in the town and what/who to look out for on the island. Dak and Leyla told him about Magnus Finke, a man whole lives in Huttsgalor who hates dragons and is constantly trying to get rid of every single one of them. Always trying to find a way to blame the dragons for something so they'll have to leave. He reminded Hiccup of a certain viking back on Berk, Mildew. Oh, the stories he told the twins about old Mildew.