"Oddly enough, I don't really feel anything. There are so many things going on-"

Before I have a chance to finish my sentence, Cian opens the glass door, steam billowing up everywhere, the cold air from outside hitting my bare skin. I gasp, pressing myself into the corner, wondering how much a hit in his face would actually hurt him.

"Oh...Cian, get away!" I scream, reaching my hand out to push against his chest, leaving a wet stain against his shirt. He still remains outside, but now there is no door between us, he can reach out and touch me, if he wanted to. Now all that keeps him from stepping inside is my incoherent screeching and the stream of water that hits the drain between us.

Cian's smile makes my stomach turn over, but annoyingly enough, not out of disgust. "You have nothing to be embarrassed about."

"That's not for you to decide," I snap at him, which only seems to grow his smile even more. "Now some privacy would be nice."

His eyes wander. "How did I get so lucky to have such a beautiful mate."

"Do you have no decency at all?"

"Look, I just want to talk to you about moving in with me," Cian offers, ensuring that the only expression I can offer is a gaping mouth and raised eyebrows. He can't seriously be presenting an offer to live with him while I'm standing completely naked in a shower right before him. "I know we have just established we are mates, but there is no longer a place for you in the mortal realm."

I'm not sure how to reply, right away, until I realise that the only way to deal with Cian, is to give him what he his own medicine right back at him. "Well Noah still has the promotion on offer for me, so I think there is."

Cian looks at me flatly, his mouth set in a grim line. "Don't take it. Noah doesn't like me very much, so how am I meant to come visit?"

Despite his expression, I can hear the underlying tone of teasing.

"You're insufferable, you know that?" I growl under my breath. I'm not sure why I'm still standing here in this shower, trying to validate myself as if he shouldn't be the one apologizing and closing that door right now. "And for your information, I know about your past with him. I hope you know that doesn't make you look any good to me."

"Ah yes, I'm sure Noah divulged plenty of honest information," Cian says, the sarcastic drawl to his tone doing him no favours. I may have been doubtful about Noah at times, but he was honest with me that night, and I respect him for that.

"He did. I trust him more than you."

"Is that right?"

"You need to leave, before I scream or something," I growl under my breath, hoping the sound of the water hitting by my feet doesn't wash away what I have to say. I should be protesting more, the rational side of me scolding me for being so complacent. However, my heart doesn't race in fear, and I feel more confident than I would like to admit.

Cian licks his lips, drawing my attention right to his mouth. "You won't do that. You want me to see you, because I'm your mate and that's what the bond does."

"Fine, look at me all you want then...but know that you're my mate and I trust a random guy over you. In fact, I'm more attracted to him," I blurt out, before I can even think through what I said. I still, and so does Cian. He doesn't look mortified, like I revealed the worst information. He looks hurt, but he quickly shakes that off.