Why?

"RYAN!" His father shouted from the bottom of the stairs, before making his way into his room, slapping him hard in the face. "Wake your lazy ass up, your gonna be late for school!"
"I'm up! I'm up!" The sophomore shouted in pain.
"And no breakfast you worthless bastard!" His father continued to shouting. Ryan walked into the bathroom and started the shower. After stepping into the refreshing, warm water, he began asking himself a question he hasn't been able to answer for years, "Why? What did I do to deserve this?"

————Flashback————

August 1st, 2016

Ryan walked into his home ten minutes later than usual. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO LATE!?" Ryan's father bellowed.

"I-I'm sorry, it won't happen again," Ryan said with tears in his eyes realizing that his father was heavily drunk again.

His father walked into the kitchen, grabbing a knife, "Damn right it won't! And I'm gonna help you remember!" And with that, he shoved Ryan to the floor,ripping his shirt off.

"P-please don't! D-don't hurt m-me!" Cried Ryan, but his plea falls on deaf, drunk ears.

"Shut it you little bastard! Mommy isn't here to save you any more!" And with that, his dad dug the knife into Ryan's back, slashing and cutting away. When it was done, Ryan laid on the ground, vision blurry because of tears and blood loss. Wondering again, "Why? What did I do to deserve this?"

A/N: Hey guys thank you for reading my first story ever. And special thanks to Taurusology_ and The_Phoenix6070 for inspiring me to make my own book, make sure to show them love in the comments. Have a happy thanksgiving!