.2.

Jughead POV 

I woke up to arguing, as soon as I remembered what happened yesterday which intailed a lot of flirting with betty. I started to listen in, wanting to hear what the argument was about. 

I stretched my arm to try and cuddle into betty but she wasn't there which made me even more confused. where was she? would she leave? 

"I'm sorry arch, we didn't do anything. it was my mum's idea. I promise" I heard betty say and that's when it hit me that betty must have a boyfriend and he has just seen us together in bed. oh my god, I feel so bad. I mean sure I like betty - what's not to like, her blonde hair that is always shiny and smells like strawberries or her emerald green eyes that make you want to sacrifice everything - but I don't want her and her boyfriend to break up, id feel awful.

"fine arch, leave then. I'm over it." I heard her say and then the front door slam and then I heard footsteps

as soon as she walked into the room i could sense negative energy, i half expected her to put taylor swift at full volume and scream but she didnt. 

she locked her bedroom door, turned some sad music on low, and climbed into bed, snuggling into me and cried. i felt so bed i just held her close and kissed her head.

"was that because of me?" i whispered to her not sure if she would be honest or not.

"partly, im sure he just wanted me for sex." she said back trying to make a joke of the upsetting situation. 

so for half an hour we sat snuggled up in her bed talking things over and i must have appologised about twenty eight times because i truly felt horrible.

"do you want to watch the grinch?" betty asked me, her eyes glistening. i couldnt say no to her. it was impossible. 

so we sat for an hour and watched the grinch until she turned to look at me. i didnt look at her yet, not wanting to give her my full atention yet. once i looked at her i noticed her eyes on my lips then back on my eyes then back on my lips. 

i mean of course i wanted to kiss her but i couldnt. i would have been a rebound. 

i looked at her, my eyes now flickering from her eyes to her lips back to her eyes back to her lips. before i knew it her lips were attached to mine. it was a short sweet kiss but it wasnt enough, i slammed my lips into hers and i may have accidentally bit her lip making her moan also giving me the perfect oppertunity for my tongue to enter her mouth. we must have been kissing for around ten minutes and when we were done, betty was on top of me and my beanie was on the floor.

her forehead rested against mine as our breathing went back to normal. 

i didnt want to kiss her, i was a rebound. dammit.

we sat on her bed and spoke everything out. 

1. she isnt ready for a relationship yet, needing time to heal from archie and wanting a minute for herself.

2. we both agreed we like each other and we will continue to grow closer.

3. it has to stay a secret for at least a month 

4. jughead wasnt a rebound as betty told him she had liked him when they were children which made him smile.

after we ate dinner and had our showers we climbed back into bed, getting ready for school tomorrow. obviously sneeking a few kisses and making small talk, it was finally time to go to sleep

"goodnight juggie."

"goodnight betts." jughead said with a smirk knowing betty said she hated it. it  made betty smile and she snuggled into him more.

"i thought you didnt like being called betts?" 

"i like it when you say it. youre the exception."

..................

AN.

- so i wasnt expecting this to happen this soon but hey ho. 

any suggestions let me know

-eitak