10

Mira P.O.V
Donovan hasn't left my side for a few days. Every time he heard the door open or someone walked past he would pull me close to him. He made sure to have a talk with me to make sure I was okay. We had talked a lot over the past few days, and he said it wasn't my fault, but to never let anyone else touch me again.

I had made the mistake of calling him master a few times and it made him visibly uncomfortable. The more we talked the more I got used to calling him Donovan.

His parents popped in a few times to see if I was okay, they asked me how things are going and if Donovan and I are sharing a bed or if I slept on the couch. He quickly interrupted before I could answer telling then it wasn't their business. Then he talked to them alone, something about how Eleanor just wanted the best for him. I heard Mark say I would be a good breeder whatever that means.

I have been having dreams at night again, replaying the horrid event in my head over and over again. I would wake up and there he was, next to me usually petting me. I think father put in my file that being pet calmed me down, and he wasn't wrong.

Donovan had asked me a few questions about father but I would get to choked up about it, and he would say never mind and rub between his eyes.

Currently, he had me wrapped in his arms under blankets, he didn't want to go to wake up and I didn't want to move. The cold of his skin felt nice against arms and face, I burrowed it further into his chest.

I think he liked me now, he wasn't sounding as mad at me anymore, just when I would let out small gasps if something hurt. I could feel his faint breaths with my hands, he told me last night he would have to go back to work today. I wanted to go with, I don't want to be alone, panic would set into me if he was in the bathroom to long. The thought that John could still hurt me scared me too much to be alone.

A small groan left Donovan's lips as he tightened his grip on me. He started to mumble before jolting up. His hand wrapped around my waist tighter pulling me under him.

An almost possessive growl purred from his chest, he let go and took a breath.

“D-Donovan?” He looked at me and slowly let go of me.

“I thought I heard something.” His eyes trailed up and down looking at me. “Don't worry about it, just get ready to go” I couldn't help but smile at the realization that he was going to take me with him. “I have 1 meeting, and then we have to go to the store.”

He disappeared into the closet, I got up and joined him. I watched him run his fingers over the clothes stopping at a red button up. He grabbed a pair of black slacks and a bet, then grabbed a matching red button up and black skirt. He pushed them into my hands.

“You can change in the bathroom, or if you really want in here.” He paused taking in a breath, his face turned a reddish color. “I can stand outside the door.” He rubbed between his eyes.

I nodded, he walked past me and out the door. I let my sweatpants drop past my hips and slid on the skirt, tucking in the red shirt. I slid on the white socks and black boots letting the socks rest on my knees.

I opened the door only to see Donovan half dressed. His chest was smooth and pale like the red of him, he slid on the shirt and buttoned it before looking at me.

“We have to get a move on” I watched him grab my collar and leash, he motioned toward me. My feet dragged slightly on the carpet, I could feel myself blushing as my black hair covered my face.

He took a finger and lifted my chin towards him clapping the soft fabric around my neck. His breath hit my face as he let out a sigh. “One meeting, and the store. Then we can come home.” He frowned a little and rolled his eyes.