19

Mira P.O.V

"I love your pretty hair, I always have. So long and soft, it's a shame it's just going to go to waste." Father spit onto my face, close enough to my eye to make it uncomfortable. I didn't dare flinch.

"What's the matter, dear? I can smell your fear, am I scaring you?" Father leaned back and kicked the bottoms of my foot from his chair. "Your blood will look pretty on these walls." His voice echoed, I will not show him the satisfaction of a cry. "If only you could tell me where Donovan keeps the maps, or whose on the list of known wolves."

"I told you I don't-" his hand met my neck harshly pushing me back into the cold wall. Fathers face was so close to mine I could taste his breath, it burned and reeked of a familiar taste. he has been drinking from someone and some of the burning water.

"If you don't tell me what the committee is planning I will kill you." He let go and the burning gasp of air filled my lungs. I almost felt like I was going to throw up. His bloodshot eyes quickly met mine as he grabbed my chin. Silence fell between us.

I don't know what committee he is talking about, I don't know what a committee is. It sounds like something jane would cook for us.

My stomach gurgles.

"Aha, hungry?" Fathers grin makes me shiver slightly, part of me is hoping he will take pity and let me eat the food that has been placed just out of my reach about 2 days ago. "if you tell me what you have heard in the meeting I will have Kyle bring in a fresh meal for you to eat, and you get to live." A brief pause of breath in the middle of his sentence gives me only a moment to think. "That or I will sink my teeth into your flesh and drink until there is nothing left leaving you to the dogs."

The meetings? Like the ones, we met Wendy at. I slowly begin to understand what father has wanted from me this whole time.

"the mutts." was all I was able to sputter before the pain from my throat pierced my vocal cords. I coughed trying to ease the pain enough to talk, or at least clear my throat. "Th-they know they are surrounding the city."

Fathers eyes went wide and his lips parted slightly, he let out a sigh and let go of me completely dropping me to the ground. The now cold spot where I had sat only moments ago thinking about why I am here.

"Anything else? you must have gone to at least two meetings." His eyes are now sharp and his pupils where lines, I have seen this many times and it's not a good sign.

"they know the witches are against them" I choked out hoping that was enough because I don't know much more than that.

His lips frowned and I could see his sharp teeth through the small gap it provided. My heart pounded against my chest and I swallowed the lump in my throat.

My heart ached and I knew what was coming next I just didn't want it.

" I have always wanted to taste you, you know that." He licked his dry lips. "Now you have bites on your skin, im sure one more won't hurt."

His cold hand moved my long hair away from my neck and I closed my eyes to know the pain that was coming. He wasn't going to be soft and loving towards me, his was going to be harsh and controlling. Fathers.

His teeth grazed my skin before his hand wrapped around my hair. His nails coming to a sharp point before slicing it off, letting it fall the ground, my head feeling a lot lighter than it just had.

I looked down to see fathers keys start to fall out of his pocket, almost touching my hand. I looped a finger around and held them tightly in my hand, hoping he hadn't noticed.

He pulled away from me. "That's all for now. Kyle will bring you food soon." And with that, he turned and left, sliding the door closed behind him.

I let out a sigh looking down at the set of keys in my hand. One of the keys is rusted and the other looks brand new.

I should play this smart. Putting the keys underneath me and rested my head against the wall letting out a sigh. Eventually laying in my side, my now shirt hair resting on my face and neck.

My stomach now burning let out another gurgle before the door opened.

"Mira, I brought you some food." Kyle closed the door and slid the food in front of me, I didn't move just stayed look at the food. Strawberries and eggs, they smelled good.

" I know it's hard sweetheart, but it will be over soon, they will end it." His hands where just shakey as his voice. "Tomorrow when they come for you, don't fight it, just let it go easy." A tear left his eye before he turned away from me. He slid out the door.

I lifted one of the strawberries to my lips before biting off a big chunk and chewing it. Tomorrow I won't be here, and I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen.