Chapter 5

Cold water splashed over me. I woke up from my sleep. I instinctively followed the origin of the water, and then stopped at the woman with beautiful face.

Before my consciousness fully recovered,

“I’m sorry! I slipped and spilled the water…I was going to use this to water the plants” Lin Suwi panicked. Her voice was loud as if trying to let everybody know that it was an incident, “I didn’t mean to!”

“Give me a dry towel” I said, trying to control my anger.

“O-okay” She ran as quickly as she could. A minute later, she returned with a clean towel. Is she still going to play some tricks?

I held out my hand to get the towel, but she instead roughly wiped my face with the cloth. “I’m afraid you couldn’t wipe yourself properly as you were shocked with the cold, I’ll wipe your face for you”

I was left speechless.

I grabbed the cloth from her hands, “never mind, I will wipe mys-“

I was cut mid-sentence when Lin Suwi fell to the floor, “I’m sorry for the cold water…but you didn’t have to push me…” she gently (but loudly) said as she stammered.

Lin Xian heard the ruckus and went inside the cabin. His eyes moved from the wet face of Ru Wei to her raised hands and to the slumped figure of Lin Suwi on the floor. “What happened?”

“I’m sorry, Ru Wei, I didn’t mean for the water to splash you, but you didn’t have to push me…” Lin Suwi repeated, begging for pity.

I froze as I still couldn’t comprehend what just happened. “I didn’t push Lin Suwi. I was just about to grab the clothes when she just…fell.” I defended myself.

“I am sorry” tears glistened from the eyes of Lin Suwi.

“I didn-“

“Enough” Lin Xian stopped me, and then helped Lin Suwi from the floor. “Don’t repeat this next time” He said, but it seemed to be directed to me.

I cried to myself. How could I be friends with him if he thinks I am a bitch! This is so hard. If it weren’t for the white-lotus female lead, it wouldn’t be this hard to save him.

After he helped Lin Suwi stand, he directly went outside. Lin Suwi followed from behind.

I really had to rethink my operation plan along with the step per step. Let’s start with simple and smaller steps…

DING!

[SYSTEM PROCESSING 98%...99%...100%]

[FOR THE DELAYED TIME OF ARRIVAL, I ASK HOST FOR AN APOLOGY. THIS SYSTEM NEEDED TO REBOOT IN ORDER TO FUNCTION PROPERLY.]

[IN ORDER FOR HOST TO FEEL MY SINCERITY, I WILL GIVE HOST THE BEST STARTER GIFT.]

[DING! HOST123 RECEIVED MOBILE PHONE (WITH 2GB OF DATA).]

[DING! CHARM + 1]

[DING! BEAUTY + 1]

[DING! LUCK + 1]