I loved the concept of it. Everyone deserved to live a normal life and be able to earn money, no matter their disabilities.

When we arrived and Sarah helped me out of the car I was greeted by paparazzi and press, throwing questions my way and shoving their microphones and cameras into my face. I kept my head low and rushed past them with Sarah on my arm and only let out a breath of relief when we were inside. The venue it was held at was a rather small theater room, that belonged to the school and I let my eyes wander around the small paintings made by students that were hung up on the walls. I smiled a little before the first person came up to me to shake hands.

I didn't particularly like get togethers like these that much. Of course, I loved why we were here and I loved donating to charities and organizations I believed in but I hated the atmosphere. It was all mostly stuck up, rich people who didn't care about the event in itself but grabbed any chance they could get to get photographed by paparazzi and to have their names in correlation to 'donating money to a good cause'. It wasn't about the people, it was all about satisfying their egos and it pissed me off.

So I got through the night by shaking hands, fake smiling and making meaningless small talk. Sarah had left me at one point and I honestly didn't blame her. If I could, I would've hidden somewhere as well. And that's exactly what I did the first chance I got. I brushed past people I had already spoken to and opened one of the back doors of the theater, walking into an empty room. I turned on the lights and noticed it was another school room. I smiled and read some of the essays that were hung up on the walls for motivation and decided to walk through the rest of the building. It was inspiring to see all the hard work those kids put into their school work, despite their disabilities. Some of these essays were actually very good and I saw tons of potential in them.

"Did you get lost?" I heard a deep voice ask behind me. I gasped and quickly turned around to be met with familiar ocean eyes. "You?" He asked, getting closer. He was in a simple white button down shirt and a pair of long, black tuxedo pants.

"You?" I asked back and raised an eyebrow at him. The guy who had prevented me from falling the other day was now stood in front of me. He was a good amount taller than I was and I suddenly felt a bit intimidated by his presence. He was insanely handsome. "What are you doing here? Are you part of the charity program or something?" I asked, watching him lean his back against one of the tables.

"I work here." He simply said and I tilted my head to the side in a questioning manner.

"You're a teacher?"

He chuckled and shrugged. "Something like that." He paused, then nodded his head towards the door. "I think you should get back, before someone starts missing you." He said and walked behind one of the desks.

"If you work here, then what are you doing here at this time?" I asked, completely ignoring his suggestion.

Just as I was finished with my question, he held up a red, flat folder. "Forgot something." He said and shot me a small smile. "I'm already gone." He waved the folder at me and rushed out of the class room.

It took me a few seconds to realize that I didn't want him to leave and I followed him outside. "Hey, wait! I didn't get your name!" I said when I caught up to him.

"It's Bradley. I assume your real name isn't Lady Gaga?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Stefani." I said with a smile. "Don't you want to join? They'll start donating soon and there are these little pastries, they're to die for." I offered, biting down on my bottom lip. I hoped he'd stay, I was very intrigued by him and wanted to find out why.

"I don't think that's very much my scene." He mumbled and I grinned.

"It's not mine either, I'd much rather be home in bed right now but I think it would be a lot more fun if you'd stay." I tried again and when he hesitantly smiled, I grabbed his arm to drag him back inside with me.

Bradga Short Storiesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें