"Maybe you're right", Laxus grunted. "Okay so no mission. What about -"

"I think we just have to try and stay here, but not see each other", Freed said. "It's going to be hard, but I think it's the best solution. I can work with the book, you keep on doing your job as a Master. If we do our best and really focus on our jobs, we might just be able to forget this mating season even for a while."

"I seriously doubt that..."

"Me too, but it's worth a try."

"And what about sleeping arrangements?"

"You can come home, but it might be best if we won't sleep in the same room. I can sleep with Felix in his room", Freed smiled. "I'm sure he won't mind. And I know you won't try to sneak in and do something since it would definitely not be a good idea when Felix is in the same room."

"Yeah, that's true. But what keeps you from sneaking in my room?" Laxus snickered.

"I guess I can ask help from Umanor and others", Freed pondered. "They could stop me if I'm about to step in our bedroom. I can't use runes since I can rewrite them how I want."

They looked at each other and even though Freed knew it was for the best, he would miss his husband so much. He could see that same thought in those orange eyes. It was weird to think how they should suddenly stay apart, even though they would be working in the same house. They shouldn't stay alone together for too long, so Freed finally moved.

"I will go study that book finally", he decided. "I'm sure I will pass those spells that are guarding it and we can start inspecting it further."

"Just be careful, okay?" Laxus said slightly worried. "Levy can't help you right now with it", he said and for a moment his nose creased as he thought of Freed and Levy working together, sitting next to each other... Like hell he would let that happen!

"I know", Freed smiled. "Did you bring the book I borrowed from the library?"

"Yeah, it's in our house."

"I should then go and get it. The faster I start the sooner we will get more information", Freed said and they walked towards the Hall.

When they arrived, a fight had almost erupted in the Hall. Freed looked surprised how Makarov, Erza and others were trying to calm down dragon slayers who had apparently just arrived from Naava Town.

Freed looked at Laxus when he heard a deep growl. It seemed like Laxus and Gajeel were both more calm than they had been in last mating season, but this many dragon slayers in the same place with their mates made even them go highly overprotective. Not just that, Freed was almost certain that there would be some kind of showing off, to prove their mates that they were healthy and strong.

Freed looked at Lucy, Rogue and Levy. They were all worried what might happen next. He frowned slightly when he noticed that someone was missing. Where was Wendy?

Laxus didn't care that much about others and he was only staring at Natsu, Gajeel and Sting. He noticed that arrogance they had in their stares as if they were challenging him and it really pissed him off! Those brats would never have a chance to make him scared of them.

He was the damn top dog of this place! It was him who made the rules here, some little pests would not threaten him and his mate no matter what! He didn't care what the fuck they would do themselves but if they would try to defy him or come close to Freed, there would be hell to pay!

Freed quickly looked at Laxus when he was sensing a huge amount of anger. Even one wrong move and there would be a war in the guild house!

"Laxus, calm down", he said finally touching his arm and that seemed to help at least a little bit. "They are not here to challenge you."

"They better not", Laxus growled, still staring at others. Freed didn't hear what they talked, but seemed like Levy, Rogue and Lucy tried to talk some sense for their mates as well.

"They won't. There's no need for you to fight over who's strongest. You're all friends and this is their home too. Come on, it's better if we go somewhere else, we don't want to cause chaos here", Freed said pulling Laxus along and he was happily surprised that the lightning dragon slayer didn't try to fight back.

They stepped back in the hallway and Freed though it might be the best if Laxus would calm down for a while in his office. They should come up with some kind of a plan with others how they could keep Laxus, Gajeel, Natsu and Sting apart. And what should they do with Wendy? Where was she?

When they stepped in the office, Freed got scared when a strong hand grabbed his arm and he was slammed against the wall. He let out a small whine because of the impact and pleasure when Laxus pressed himself against him. The blond mage buried his face against his neck, scraping his mark with his canine teeth gently but possessively. His hips pressed against Freed's groin and he felt a hard cock that rubbed against him through clothes. It felt so good, making him pant already but he had to fight against the temptation!

"Laxus..." he hissed, trying to push the bigger man away. "Control yourself", he scolded, even though his own thoughts were almost complete mush.

Laxus stopped and hands let go of the smaller man, unsteady they hit against the wall and Freed could almost hear how his nails dug in the wood. He was panting heavily, still sniffing Freed's neck but he didn't move otherwise.

"Good, you're doing good", Freed praised and tried to collect himself. "Now... Step back."

Laxus let out a growl that was definitely telling that he was reluctant to do what Freed told, but after a few seconds he finally stepped back slowly. Freed sighed relieved and he straightened himself.

He looked at Laxus, who stared at the other way and it hurt his heart to see him look rejected. He seemed hurt, like Freed had insulted him the worst way possible but the rune mage could see from his eyes that he still had his senses. Laxus understood why he was rejected.

"You better go", he murmured, still not looking at Freed like it would hurt too much. "Or I will seriously ravish you."

"I understand", Freed nodded and he turned towards the door when suddenly a hand grabbed his arm again, but this time he wasn't pulled anywhere.

"Don't leave the guild house", Laxus ordered. "Don't go far and don't let those fuckers come near you."

"I understand", Freed nodded and the hand let go. "I'll stay here, but not in this room. Bickslow or Evergreen can fetch me that book from home. I'll be in the library trying to pass those guarding spells from the book we got from Roxanne. I will be studying it for the next two weeks and we should probably try to see each other as less as possible."

"Not going home alone", Laxus forbid.

"We can go home together", Freed promised. "And with Felix with us, we can't do anything at home so we'll be fine. I love you, Laxus, but right now we can't stay together."

"Yeah... I know that", Laxus grunted. "I love you too, Freed. Now get the fuck off."

"I will see you at the evening", Freed smiled and he left from the room.

Laxus stood on his place for a while, trying to calm himself. He knew why he was rejected. It wasn't because Freed didn't think Laxus was worthy enough for him as a partner. Freed loved him, this was just a situation when they couldn't be together and it had nothing to do with how they felt towards each other.

Outside the guild house it was peaceful, when suddenly a window from the office was crashed in millions of little pieces as a chair was thrown through it.