Shadows of the Past

Katherine's P.O.V.
                         **********

I woke up at the brink of dawn, when a seemingly disturbing noise rang in my ears. I stood up only to be taken back to the dreamworld...

---------

"Irazi?" I asked. I smiled; I missed her terribly, and the one who calls me child even though I'm close to maturity.

"What is it, child?"

"You seemed to be checking on me less often. Something wrong?"

The legendary just said nothing, and when she looked back at me, her gaze soon softened.

"I-I was scared... that-"

"Why are you scared? You're the greatest legendary I know!"

"Sometimes, the greatest ones can also get scared, and one of the worst: is fear of failure..." she replied, rhetorically.

"I-I know, but, why are we talking about failure? Did I f-fail to do something, or did I do something that bad?"

"You may not like it if I tell you..."

"I may or not like it, but I won't freak out. Please, just tell me. Even when it's plain and simple, and even horribly complicated, I hope I'll be able to understand."

Irazi just stared at me with visible traces of admiration on her face.

"Please..."

Irazi stood up on her full size and motioned for me to follow her. Opening a portal, the spacial Pokemon flew inside it, with me tailing behind her. I gasped when I saw myself in a whole new world, which was actually Timinium's realm!

"This is Timinium's jewels of time."

(FYI, that thing is fanmade, it doesn't exist in the anime)

Irazi explained, looking up to see three enormous diamonds, each of them serving as a pillar.

"The first one represents the past, the second for the present, and third, for the future."

"And why is that?"

She said nothing, and with that, she waved her paw, and a bright light swallowed my vision.

When I finally came to, I realized Irazi had used the diamond of the past. I took a look around, until a Shadow Ball came sailing in my direction, the ghostly orb whistling in the air. I tried to dodge it, but the Shadow Ball just went past my body, leaving me in a startled state.

It came from an Umbreon. Its golden rings thundered through the night, with a menacing snarl echoing from its lips, scaring nearby Pokemon in the forest. On its side stood a Flareon, its fiery pelt circling with flames. They were fighting, against... Norsoe?! What is he doing here?

"Long ago, two heroes has been chosen to stop him, before you even exist in this world." Irazi started. "They became one, and... soon, they had a daughter. Sadly, we need them to return, and thus, they left their offspring under the care of a family member, and once again, tried to fulfill the prophecy. And... one day..."

I looked up to the legendary, choking on her words.

"And... one day... they disappeared without a trace!"

Her words hit me hard, like a Seed Bomb just exploded right in front of me. How... how could this happen?!

"But what about their daughter?! She's supposed to continue the prophecy, not me!" I frantically cried out.

"Katherine..."

My mind was racing too fast for me to think. Why did everything she told me actually rang a bell? Oh no... it... it couldn't be...

"That girl..."