dear

❝𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓹𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓪 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵

                         𝓲𝓷𝓱𝓪𝓫𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓫𝓸𝓭𝓲𝓮𝓼

          namjoon let out a small sigh at the overflowing suitcase on his bedroom floor. the mixture of colors and patterns strewn across both his bed and floor. pushing a few more clothing items into the colorful void he pushed the dull white lid down and harshly pulled the zipper inch by inch along the opening of the suitcase. the summer vacation his parents planned on his mind, the intolerance he held of the plan was heavy amongst the other small thoughts. his parents told him it would be a good thing, to see different parts of korea instead of only other countries. as much as he agreed with this idea, he didn't agree that it was a good idea the summer before his senior year. that being said he didn't have much choice in the matter. 

           the sound of soft footsteps on the stairs caused namjoon to quickly grab his phone off his dresser and extend the handle of the over-packed suitcase. he opened the door quickly to reveal a casually dressed middle-aged woman. dark chin-length hair framed a soft face hosting large brown eyes, thin lips, and a small nose. he smiled at her tired but happy face, the smile unhappy yet genuine caused the female to return it. "we're almost ready to leave," she said, the sweet voice matching her face perfectly. namjoon answered with a simple nod and followed the woman down the stairs.

˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘

          namjoon never really liked train rides, the uncertain vibrations and shaking always had a way to make him nervous. yet he never expressed this fear to either his mother or his father, seeing nothing to be earned from it. as the train slowed to a stop, he looked out the window for the first time since their departure, although in a populated part of the city namjoon had to admit that buasn was in fact beautiful. at the command from his mother, he stood up, taking out his airpods and pulling his hood down, his messy hair reflecting in the window. 

          stepping out into the warm light of summer, namjoon weaved his way through the crowds of people, stopping at the luggage cart that held his family's bags. pulling the suitcases from the top of the cart he spotted his father, dressed in a formal business suit as always. rolling the two cases over to his father and mother who he soon after spotted, namjoon admitted to himself that although it wasn't seoul, busan, as he had seen, wasn't bad. 

˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘

          the rental house was two stories, the first holding a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room. the second floor held three bedrooms, two of which opened up to balconies one faced the back of the house. the mowed grass slowly fading into a wooded area, the other towards the front of the house. looking over the road and the white and blue beach across it. two bathrooms and an office-like space that he knew was reserved for his father. as namjoon opened each bedroom door he settled on the one with the backyard view balcony. setting to unpacking his clothes namjoon let out a sigh of frustration. in both his anger and his quickness he ended up with a multitude of socks, no underwear, a pair of old pants, and a shirt that wasn't his. with a small groan, he placed what he had brought into his closet and dresser.

          his mother laughed at his mistake and namjoon shook his head, slight embarrassment heating up his face. with a small sigh, his mother handed him the thin piece of plastic, a wrapped object, and the keys to their rented car. looking down namjoon smiled slightly, next to the keys and credit card was a small piece of chocolate. wrapping his mother in a one-armed hug he left the house to begin his exploration of the city, and his mission to find lothes. 

˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘˘

          as namjoon drove down a main street of the city he made note of where the coffee shops and cafes were, places he spent much of his time at in seoul. it wasn't that namjoon was an introverted person, or in that case an anti-social one. he just didn't like to be home, with his father working all the times his mother was and wasn't, namjoon learned from an early age that he had to find his own things to do. approaching a small cluster of clothing stores namjoon smiled at his victory, finding a place to park the car and walking towards the store,s namjoon realized that for his family this wasn't a vacation. just a new place to work.

          namjoon pushed through the hangers on the racks, selecting a few items to try on and purchase. as namjoon shopped a few other customers entered the store, every one triggering the small cheery bell. each time namjoon looked up, almost forgetting it wouldn't hold the opportunity to be someone he recognized. the next time namjoon heard the bell he spotted three males, two looked familiar and the other looked beautiful.